New Chat System Now Live!

I’d love to have this, sign me up! 171391948

2 Likes

@TheGamer101, When will the other people in here, that asked, to be enabled be able to be enabled?

1 Like

Some time today.

1 Like

The chat seems to error at my place in teamcreate:

17:44:23.883 - The Parent property of Chat is locked, current parent: NULL, new parent PlayerGui
17:44:23.884 - Stack Begin
17:44:23.884 - Script 'Players.Player1.PlayerScripts.ChatScript.ChatMain', Line 636
17:44:23.885 - Stack End
17:44:23.922 - BackgroundImage is not a valid member of Frame
17:44:23.923 - Stack Begin
17:44:23.923 - Script 'Players.Player1.PlayerScripts.ChatScript.ChatMain.ChannelsTab', Line 203 - method AnimGuiObjects
17:44:23.923 - Script 'Players.Player1.PlayerScripts.ChatScript.ChatMain.ChannelsTab', Line 253 - method Update
17:44:23.923 - Script 'Players.Player1.PlayerScripts.ChatScript.ChatMain.ChannelsBar', Line 342 - method Update
17:44:23.924 - Script 'Players.Player1.PlayerScripts.ChatScript.ChatMain.ChatWindow', Line 567 - method Update
17:44:23.924 - Script 'Players.Player1.PlayerScripts.ChatScript.ChatMain', Line 129
17:44:23.925 - Stack End
1 Like

Added the newly requested games to the beta. @yourock101 @SmoothBlockModel @DataSynchronized @Simbuilder @Master3395

4 Likes

Doesn’t seem to be enabled for my place.

I’ve tried making the chat “all”, “bubble”, “classic” aswell.
but nothing wroks.

The chat in official server is gone.
Below is the dev console.
And i’m 100% sure there’s no extra scripts of the same.

I also tried removing the scripts in StarterPlayer, to see if the duplicate error went away.
It did, but i got a new error.

It only works in studio.
I still get the same errors as i get in a online server, were the chat doesn’t work at all.

Can you link the place where this happens?
You likely have some sort of script that deletes things.

I even tried over writing the place with the original working place with original new chat scripts, same issue.

You seem to have a really old version of the ChatServiceRunner in that place. Can you remove that and try again with the most recent version?

I tried the latest test place again, and now it works.
But i can’t seem to get “private chat” and “team chat” to work.

Game won’t be open till mid December, but I’ll be doing a lot of work on the game til then. I’d love to modify the chat.

Also

The chat is the only unmodified CoreGui left, so I’d love to update that.

@TigerCode Those two games have been added to the beta!

1 Like

472185094 Please and thank you.

This seems to have been enabled in my game without my knowledge (Roblox High School [Legacy] - Roblox) and it is causing issues.

My game is set to use “Bubble chat only” in combination with a custom chat GUI. Even though the chat bar is the only CoreGUI chat element that should be visible, there is some GUI element that is taking up a large part of the screen and preventing any mouse input from being registered in that area.

It’s impossible to interact with any GUIs inside of that red area (such as my own custom chat box), right-click to move the camera, etc.

I’d like for this to be turned off in my live game (9689581), and to instead have it enabled on my test game (9393009) so I can see how the changes may impact me.

Okay. We’ll make the change as soon as we can. We’ll also post when it happens.

1 Like

It’s also live on the majority of all front page games. As always, please post if you’re having any problems.

@spotco Is there a place that is “mostly” updated with the core chat, as the “SciFi chat theme” game is a custom chat with no click able on the player. and ofc the different tabs are dissabled etc.

I’m looking for one that is 100% neutral, with no “custom” changes.
But that works.

not copylocked, has a local chat copy

Seems like the “click” username to “whisper” isn’t working.
And ofc the bug in the image below “/?”

Below is a link to a working version, were you click the username and it makes the whisper that person. Also the “/?” works there.

My observations on use of this chat:

My friend has requested I post this here:

European players cannot use “/” to chat, I know this has been mentioned before, but as new chat is rolling out now would be the best opportunity to fix it. This is because European keyboards are different than North American keyboards.

I’ve noticed that teamchat is not as obvious as before. I used to type "/t ", then backspace for it to show up at “[Team]”. This is not the case anymore, as the “[Team]” doesn’t show up until I post my first message.

Whisper doesn’t appear to work via clicking on peoples names.

I have otherwise noticed no other issues, I am still trying to figure out how channels work though.

1 Like