New Gameplay Scripting Curriculum Path

This topic was automatically opened after 10 minutes.

Documentation series like these are sure to prove helpful to people with little or no scripting experience. Great job!

21 Likes

This looks like a pretty good tutorial for newcomers, but is this really an announcement? Feels like this fits more in community tutorials/resources honestly.

18 Likes

This looks great for new people! Great job on the work

10 Likes

In my opinion, the voice-over goes pretty fast. These tutorials are meant to be followed by inexperienced scripters.

So to throw sentence structures like;

(0:15) “…PlayerStates trigger unique behaviours…”

and;

(0:30) "…like generate BlastData that tells the server who initiated the blast… "

could turn into gibberish if they are not already familiar with those words.

Could just be me being nitpicky about it though. Anyhow, I’ll be glad to see a better tutorial on round-based minigames and raycasts. #help-and-feedback:scripting-support is almost flooded daily with questions surrounding those topics.

24 Likes

I really think this style of tutorial will allow people to have fun while learning. Keep this up!

12 Likes

Definitely will be going over this I’m going a project as a learning process that this would help a lot with. Trying to learn and practice lua and scripting, content other then API is lacking in the documentations.

More of these type of things in the future going over many different things is something Roblox needs, so that we don’t have to rely on Youtube. Things done in a professional way like this would be nice

9 Likes

IMO, this is an egregious misuse of the ‘Announcements’ category.

14 Likes

Will be really helpful for roblox devs that are starting. Good job Roblox :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I do enjoy these more, professionally, formatted tutorials, and think that they are a great resource for beginners

8 Likes

I might use this in one of my summer camps!

8 Likes

its not that big of a deal dude

9 Likes

Looking forward for more insights like this

7 Likes

Well when I get an annoucement in the Updates category, I expect an announcement for an update. This is still cool, but it’s not an update. It’s more of a #resources:community-tutorials!

5 Likes

“community” its a place for the community to post stuff not for official roblox stuff ( and this is an update just not to the actual game)

3 Likes

That’s cool, I’ll have to try making something with this template later.

4 Likes

I’ve been recommending Roblox’s official tutorials to some people I know, and it’s great!

Now I know most people are hardcore developers on this site, and I initially agreed that this kind of information shouldn’t be on #updates announcements. But I’m gonna agree that even though it’s not usually most useful to us, it’s still an announcement that they want to make. And it’s here so that we would know. I wouldn’t have known about it if it wasn’t here.

4 Likes

Explain this then:

4 Likes

Nice Update,cant wait to watch these tutorials!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.