New Games Do Not Show Up In Roblox Search

I can vouch for this issue still being around, I recently released a game that I worked months on and it really does suck that new games cannot pick up the traction they need to be played due to the game being invisible. Other than ads and sponsors (which can often cost more than the revenue being made back), there is no way for my game to be seen. It hit around 6.5k players at peak and still not to be seen via the most popular list or search. Here is my game: Sorcerer Fighting Simulator - Roblox

I understand that I released on Thanksgiving so I suspect that the engineers at Roblox may not be able work their magic to appropriately update this (I assume so anyway). It’s frustrating that I don’t know if my game will diminish in players because of the game itself or if the game cannot be found which is out of my control.

Fans on my Twitter and comments on YouTube videos about my games would often ask where to find this as they cannot see it anywhere is honestly a very heart breaking and frustrating thing to see.

2 Likes

Since I’ve also had this problem I’ll say that his issue isn’t really easy to fix due to Roblox most likely wanting search to be based on what the player wants to play ex. You search up “Obby” then it will put up many obby games. What I’m trying to say is having a unique name can help searches a lot.

I can also confirm this also is a problem, when I first opened my Clothing Store and tried searching for it, it really did not show up at all.

My game AlderSpark wont show up in the search engine whatsoever, I instead get a screen saying “No Results Found”

1 Like

I remember I tried searching for my game’s name EXACTLY but all I got were games with korean titles, I don’t know how Roblox’s search even works at this point lol

2 Likes

My game, Delta Descent also doesn’t show up in the search engine, despite the game having roughly 300 visits. Searching the term “Descent” also displays nothing, which is kind of odd considering that the word “Descent” itself doesn’t seem to be filtered.

Edit: Found my game by searching the term “Delta” on its own and scrolling for a while. Still not sure why searching the term “Descent” yields no search results.

1 Like

Hi, I’m also having the same issue, we released a new game last week on Monday and you are currently unable to search the game up or find it anywhere on the games page. It’s hard for newer players to find the game unless they see our advertisement. Afraid that players might not be able to find it after the advertisements run out.
Game Link: [REBIRTHS] Be a Soldier! Simulator - Roblox

Update: Not sure what was causing it but it fixed.

Hey,

my game Garden Tycoon blew up to 150 players overnight and then 2 days later it was at 8 again. When it had 40-150, the game was in the 3rd row when you searched “Tycoon”. But now with 40-50 players (I sponsored) it wont even show up in the 200+ row (and there are games with 3 players at the 3rd row…) Idk how this can happen, I have a like ratio of 76% and 90k visits. Game Link: Garden Tycoon [PETS] - Roblox

This isn’t a bug, it’s mainly because it isn’t popular or rated yet. Like other people mentioned, that’s why there are ads.

It’s funny because games like Escape the scary man, are at the top even when the name of my game is completely different.

1 Like

But how can it randomly explode and then die off again and now with 56 players it cant be found on Tycoons, even if there are tycoons with 10 players in the 3rd row

1 Like

See:

How can I be in the 200+ row

1 Like

The question is how would you raise your search results in general for your game?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Experience search having issues

Please use the thread above if you are seeing problems related to the discovery issue on Dec 3/4.

Hey,

My game Soccer Street Strikers has been affected by this issue.

My game got removed from the search results today despite the fact that yesterday it used to rank 37th on the keyword “soccer”. Right when it reached 4,000 average daily new players which coincides with the moment I updated the description of my game, the experience got shadow-banned.

You can search the full name of the experience and scroll all the way down and you will still not find it. The timing is not very convenient for my game since the exponential growth was only starting yesterday. It got removed off the search all of a sudden.

2 Likes

Hey,

my game [🍬CANDY!🍬] Ice Cream Clicker! - Roblox has same issue.

no matter what I type in search, it doesn’t show up at all. You can search the full name of the experience and scroll all the way down and you will still not find it.

Please fix this!

It has been almost 6 YEARS since this topic was created, and it seems as if nothing has been done about it. Can we PLEASE get an update?

My experience Block Simulator, created 6/16/2023 also is not showing in search results even when I type the exact title.

There are other experiences that are created more recently than mine(ex: Swim Down Obby, created 6/18/2023) but these show up fine in the search results.

So, I was wondering if there could be a fix or at least get an information of what’s causing this.

Hi that was pretty mean, i think u should take into consideration because It seems that youre interested on making us spend our money to make our games appear because without it , our games are dying and there is no way to make our games popular or at least gain more attention.

The original game in this thread ‘Game of Clones’ now shows as top result for the search query ‘Game of Clones’. We acknowledge however that there are improvements possible in bubbling up new games faster in the search results.

1 Like