New Gift Card Restrictions Deeply Impacts Creators

I did acknowledge that fact in this post where I think I went a bit crazy:

It’s just simply a risk people have to take. Considering digital gift cards aren’t region locked, this still is going to happen.

1 Like

Yup, I hope both of these get fixed asap

3 Likes

This ‘feature’ has outright shut down multiple QA programs at companies I used to work with, they used to provide QA testers with Roblox gift cards (since ToS is too vague on whether group funds would be allowed as a payment option) yet now they cannot provide us gift cards due to this policy update.

To clarify, not all digital gift card codes are redeemable globally, many appear to still be region-locked (which may I add, feels like an outright scam, to buy a gift card and then be unable to use it), it is outright unacceptable that a Roblox policy update can lose some people a job by removing the only way the company is willing to pay them! Please revert this change or at the very least, make digital gift cards truly redeemable globally.

Also, to be clear, roblox.com/giftcards are deemed physical gift cards, not digital, this is the most confusing thing I’ve heard since the platform launched! This update was implemented so poorly I honestly have to question if user-experience was even thought about during the rollout.

9 Likes