New Help Article Increasing Moderation Transparency

In that past that’s what I’ve heard being the reasoning. That’s always been the complaint. People already complain that Devs get away with stuff. If they openly had this kind of program, that’d only make people complain for sure.

1 Like

People will always complain, that doesn’t really make a valid argument against implementing a new system or way or organization. but thats just my opinion, take it as you will.

2 Likes

I’m not against it. I’m just explaining why you shouldn’t get your hopes up.

Also… just out of curiosity…
" * "Dating is not permitted on Roblox."

• Roblox is not a dating site. Roblox does not allow the conversation requesting boyfriends/girlfriends or talking about any form of romantic relationship to include weddings."

The part that says “to include weddings” … didn’t Roblox make a ‘Bride’ toy, wearing a wedding dress?

17 Likes

I love the attempt at transparency. I have a few concerns that have been listed multiple times over before me.

I absolutely cannot wait to watch this series of articles evolve as you increase the transparency of you’re moderation system.

the classic roblox 1-2

3 Likes

Hey there,

Firstly thank you very much for releasing this I’m sure users will find this very helpful in finding out the reason for their moderation action. I have a few things I want to clarify with Roblox in regards to this help thread.

• "This content is not appropriate for Roblox. Do not chat, post, or otherwise discuss inappropriate topics on Roblox."

• The audio file includes something that is not appropriate for Roblox. This could include drugs/alcohol, sexual innuendos/references, or anything else that is not considered to be age appropriate for Roblox.
  • "This content is not appropriate for Roblox. Do not chat, post, or otherwise discuss inappropriate topics on Roblox."

• The includes anything that is not appropriate for Roblox. This could include drugs/alcohol or anything else that is not considered to be age appropriate for Roblox.

Could you clarify how a user could tell the difference between these warning messages? One is clearly about audio the other is about general content; it isn’t clear to tell which asset is being moderated

• “The derogatory language you are using here is not permitted on Roblox”

• Misogyny is the hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls. Misogyny is manifested in numerous ways, including social exclusion, sex discrimination, hostility, androcentrism, patriarchy, male privilege, belittling of women, violence against women, and sexual objectification.

Would this message also include misandry, the male version of misogyny https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/misandry

While this may seem petty and some points may seem obvious. It’s worth closing possible risks that may be avoided, including the risk of sexism as present in one of my clarification requests.

13 Likes