New Humanoid Physics Controller - Beta

while everybody has an glitch for it
i kinda liked it and fitted well im my classic boblox
it just doenst work in-game the controller

2 Likes

The new physics-based controller is still in beta, so it doesnā€™t work in published games/experiences.

1 Like

ok then
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Does this feature work with humanoids in starter characters?

Yes, it does. The controller manager needs to be present, though.

Any news when this might get out of beta?

1 Like

It works quite nicely with my character, no major issues so far.
Canā€™t wait for it to be out of beta.

7 Likes

Setting HipHeight to 2 for R6 no longer works, my legs clip through the ground

In the following image, you can see that Iā€™m properly using the ControllerManager, also setting the HumanoidHipHeight to 2

image image

This was the fix for R6 Characters clipping through the ground but it seems like itā€™s been reverted, maybe just for me. Hereā€™s the place file too:

R6 Physics Controller.rbxl (35.4 KB)

Another Issue

When HipHeight was properly working and Iā€™d walk off of an object, it would act if I was still walking and I would be moving in that direction with me only having control of my rotation until I jump then itā€™ll properly bring me to the ground.

2 Likes

You need to do something with the GroundController, but I forgot what. Some sort of offset property.

1 Like

Even with the GroundOffset being set to 2, or really any number doesnā€™t do anything.

2 Likes

This is a current bug, as Iā€™ve done no changes to my scripts with this same replication happening in my case. (or api change we overlookinā€™)

1 Like

This is happening for me as well

1 Like

Are there plans to be able to customize the way swimming forces the HumanoidRootPart to rotate forwards? Currently, when a character actively in terrain water, the HumanoidRootPart rotates forwards 90 degrees, and then rotates back upward when idle. Will we be able to turn this off?

1 Like

same

2 Likes

This seems to be entirely broken at the momentā€¦

2 Likes

i tried this in my game and i had to jump in-order to move
it was weird
5/5 stars

1 Like

The current issue of sinking into the ground should be fixed now, sorry for the inconvenience.

We will have more updates to share next week!

9 Likes

With a custom based off of r15 rig, once I go up ledges I get into spots where I cannot jump or use WASD - but can only used the built in dodge in my game to get away. I donā€™t think it is properly judging distances or something with custom rigs.
InAirBug

Yeah I am late to the party, butā€¦

Iā€™m glad APIs are starting to become instance based and internal controls are being exposed to developers. I canā€™t wait for this to be out of beta!

2 Likes

When will this be out of Beta?