New In-Experience Text Chat System Public Release!

The new UI appears to be much simpler and more modern. I especially like the corner on the UI, and it seems to to be simple to customize. Well done, Roblox. :cool:

3 Likes

Also check out the documentation for TextSource which says “Remove TextSources by calling TextSource.Destroy.” Someone commented about this not straightforward enough so we plan on adding documentation note to :AddUser to reference this.

2 Likes

Can you elaborate what you mean by “weird”?

2 Likes

Hi, just wanted to follow up on this thread for visibility, to sum up the issue it seems that CreateDefaultTextChannels was set to false by the developer, hence running into these issues since default channels were not being created. Anyone more interested in this problem should read this separate thread, but the conclusion is that you should set CreateDefaultTextChannels to true if you are using our default UI and features. We will clarify the documentation to make this more clear.

3 Likes

I would also highly recommend you check out our beta announcement page, which has some additional code snippets and usage samples. We have a more tutorial-like documentation coming soon that more or less covers materials described on that page.

1 Like

Please check out our beta announcement page, which has additional information about using the API (including chat tags).

1 Like

Amazing job, and great GUI! How long until it gets out of beta and becomes default, though? I’d like to keep my game up-to-date with the current chat system, especially considering I’m editing some of the chat modules to achieve certain effects in some of my experiences (and this might take a while to change to the new system).

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 11.30.42 PM

3 Likes

Um… That would be a really bad user experience, and UI would need to be smaller. I definitely would never opt in if that was the chat UI…

10 Likes

I like this update, but I cannot see the chat channels and switch between them with tabs. Am I doing something wrong or is this intended?

2 Likes

damnn, love the ui design. Minimalist, modern style, love that

2 Likes

Do you guys plan to make the be the permanent new chat sometime? I would like to see all games that use the legacy chat to the new one so all the UI looks matched and similar I feel that all the games should be forced to replace with the new UI instead of an option to make everything clean.

1 Like

This chat looks 10x better than the current chat UI, nice Roblox!

Is everything you could previously do with the old chat UI work for this new UI?

1 Like

Looks very good! Looks like we’re going to replace BetterChat V1 soon with this new chat system :eyes:

One suggestion though: would it be possible to integrate autocompletions?

We use autocompletions for admin commands, emojis, whispering and built-in commands.

Players really enjoy it, so we would appreciate if we can carry this over.

3 Likes

Does this support the games setting for bubble chat only being enabled? AKA no chat display but still a box to type in.

1 Like

Yup, set ChatWindowConfiguration.Enabled to false and it should give you the outcome you’re looking for.

2 Likes

I noticed on Chrome OS that the new chat system allows for the ( / ) keybind to work normally

4 Likes

Glad this is finally out!

Nevermind, I was wrong! I have one suggestion though, and this is something that bugs me a little. The leaderboard colors are 31, 33, 35, but the chat color is 25, 27, 29. It’s not easy to see unless you look at it, but it would be nice if it were changed to the leaderboard color. Thanks!

(You probably won’t notice it but theres a slight variation in color)

3 Likes

When using rich text in combination with bubble chat, it has the undesired side effect of showing the raw text in the text bubble. Is there a way around this, or is this something that needs to be fixed?

7 Likes

Very cool and modern design. But I wonder how multiple channels will display on this UI?

2 Likes

the fact that this aint alligned, scares me
other than that, this is pretty cool!, looks so good

8 Likes