[New KPIs and Lower Enrollment] Announcing the Analytics Dashboard - Measure, Track, & Make Data-Driven Decisions

Cool! :+1:

It remembers me when i use Youtube Studio Analytics to help me to know about my public.

3 Likes

btw how do i use it? It’s my first time creating a game, can someone explain main where is dashboard from?

2 Likes

With all these features in the Creator Dashboard do you intended to replace the /create section on the main website with that one. It for me sounds like a full replacement.

2 Likes

This happend to my games, it did not get disabled

I mean DAU is still 30k
but average players r 400-500

2 Likes

This is excellent!

Will we ever receive demographic information, such as where players are playing from (as in country selected in settings on Roblox site) and language use? Would be awesome to find out what languages to prioritise localisation in, where communities are based, etc.

Would be awesome to script an API based system which tracks player movement on in-game maps using event-based system to create a “heatmap”. Perhaps an API service for adding specific in-game events could be implemented? I think something like this already exists, but I’m not too sure.

2 Likes

This is my favorite website feature you guys released this past year!
Question though, our game has around 8000 DAU (on average) and an average playtime of 15+ minutes so surely we meet the 600 hours criteria as well, however I can’t see the option to activate this feature?

Is it only available to the group owner to activate?

1 Like

I think it would be difficult to calculate the stats when you don’t have many players. Percentages will be quite off and stuff. And 600 DAU is not that much.

2 Likes

So that doesn’t answer the question since you still have a DAU above 600.

Average concurrent players don’t matter.

3 Likes

We have a new game that meets the criteria, but doesn’t seem to have access.

Where is this “Activate” button located? Has the rollout finished yet?

3 Likes

Hello sir. :slight_smile:

I looked at the documentation it says that the button is located at the top right of the game’s overview page on create.roblox.com.can see the Activate button.

Also, note that only the game owner can see the activate button. If its a group game, then the group owner will most likely have to activate it.

After you click the button and agree to the Terms of Service, refresh the page and you should see the Analytics tab right under the overview tab.

I hope this helped :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I saw a couple complain about the previous analytic system, this is a really good one, thanks for always listening to the community!

3 Likes

Yes, only group owner or game owner can see the activation button. I’ve added a FAQ for it

1 Like

We already have that breakdown. Just click the View dropdown on top right of the page and choose either country or language.

4 Likes

I’ve had the pleasure of having access to the dashboard for a while now, and it has been incredibly helpful to see basic KPIs. It’s definitely a step in the right direction to give developers access to the data they need to make decisions.

However, I would love to be able to see a breakdown of likes/dislikes in the future, as we have been asking for this for a while. Seeing a % would be much more useful if I could know what platform they’re on, crash rates/performance, language/country, etc. This way developers would have at least some knowledge that perhaps they need to improve support for a platform or localize into a language.

3 Likes

Is support for custom events planned? I used it during the private PlayFab beta, and it would be amazing if it could be integrated with the Creator dashboard.

Additionally, are PlayFab queries returning?

3 Likes

Would be nice if there is a graph for each product. This way it is easier to find the optimal selling price to maximize profit.

2 Likes

Are there plans to incorporate logs from the game into analytics for debugging? What about custom events?

1 Like

Are you talking about the breakdown of likes / dislikes? For example, # of dislikes breakdown by country, language, device, right? Could you explain what actions would you take on based on such info in addition to localization?

1 Like

Yep, exactly.

The like/dislike system will never be able to provide as much information as something like reviews on Steam games, but providing a breakdown will help developers address issues. Have a low rating on Xbox compared to everything else? Probably a UX issue related to gamepad support.

Obviously, it’s not going to be able to diagnose every issue, but it’s a hell of a lot better than going in blind.

3 Likes

Support! Likes/dislikes would be very nice, even though they could definitely be improved as a feedback metric. As mentioned, I had issues with Console’s interface being very buggy which was causing my game to receive almost a 50% like rating for days straight. This was during a sponsor for PC & Console, so it makes sense that the new like rating was even worse than before.

I released a fix for this on February 6th, and using Rolimon’s, a third-party analytics site for Roblox, I was able to see how my fix improved ratings after drastically. Having this on the Analytics Dashboard would’ve made this easier for me since I could have a further breakdown of platforms/languages, which third-party websites currently cannot provide.

3 Likes