New scripter need help

I relatively started with Alvin and then moved onto DevKing as I progressed through the years, so yeah I guess i’d agree with you on how he would be preferred for more of the advanced scripting knowledge - basically him having an advanced playlist and such.

AlvinBlox is for beginners. TheDevKing goes to more logical scripting basics.

1 Like

SAME, i learned the basics with alvin and the advanced with thedevking and after that i just search things in devforum and also he’s getting quite famous with shark tank thing in roblox

ITS THIS GUY! He has a different style of teaching but I do recommend him if you want to skip a bit of learning roblox studio. It saves time.

who are you talking about? thedevking?

He is talking about GnomeCodes.

1 Like

yeah. GnomeCodes is decent but he does skip a small chunk of not need to know knowledge, but need to know later.

1 Like

I suggest learning Python or something. The language is super similar, and it is a great environment to play around in. By learning the core ideas of programming in a less overwhelming place, you will be more prepared to tackle game development. Then you can start to watch youtube and get familiar with Studio.

wow 29 replies in 1 minute this is a interesting topic huh

The dev King is good but sometimes he can’t explain some things. However, AlvinBlox is good at explaining things in detail.

I have learnt lots stuff from both though.

@ZzNicolas_BRZz I would recommend the dev hub because it helps with API references which are IMPORTANT. It also helps you with other interesting things.

sometimes? when I was learning from him I usually had to check the https://developer.roblox.com
he can’t explain very well as alvin can but he’s the only one that haves a advanced scripting list

Yeah. I wanted to learn to script in early 2020. I watched alvin blox’s beginner scripting series. I quit at the 12th video because I didn’t understand anything. Then september - December 2020, I learned python. I actually understood it, and was quite easy. Basically, try other languages and come back to roblox lua. You might just understand it even better! :wink:

1 Like

true dat but youtube helps you start and ya can search/ask for help in devforum sometimes

Ik that is the main reason I am watching him lol. I learnt basics from AlvinBlox and then the advance part from TheDevKing and the dev hub.

1 Like

SAMEE
its quite confusing that most of the people here did the same things as I did
but wow you learned the same month that I learned but I learned with thedevking and it was very hard to learn lol

You can even learn HTML. That is super basic, although not similar, but I got interest in coding etc cuz of HTML only so prob it motivates u too (:D)… MS Small Basic is again, not very similar but interesting to learn as a 1st language.

btw sorry if this too much off-topic :grimacing:

It’s a discussion. It’s not off topic at all.

1 Like

lol okay 30 c-h-a-r-a-c-T-e-r-s :smiley:

HTML is not even supported on Roblox. I don’t really see the point in learning it - for now though. Also, like you said it isn’t similar so that itself takes the point away.

I would recommend sticking with lua and THEN moving onto something like HTML or python.

I said you can do HTML to get motivated a bit (as in my case, atleast)