New Terrain, and Parts, and Built-In Materials, Oh my!

change transparency in terrain bellow workspace

cloud/smoke would change everything. i mean, THOSE VOLUMETRICS

This is awesome but, Terrain still has some problems that need fixing. Like water interacting blocky with regular terrain rendering the making of realistic good looking beaches near impossible. Not gonna opt in yet since Iā€™m quite busy with some small issues and learning.

I donā€™t know why but it claims I responded to M_caw even though I had replied to the original post in question.

I have been waiting for this update for a while and have a few places Iā€™d like to opt in for it to test it.

Really gonna help make environments for realistic builds. Canā€™t wait till this comes out fully.

make the graphics quality higher to make it show transparency and reflections

i think he was talking about how the water goes up the sides to connect to the rocks.

5 Likes

This is awesome! I canā€™t wait for this update to come out! As a terrain artist, this will improve my abilities and looks when it comes to terrain!

Iā€™d like to opt in.

Place ID: 6061971974

I really wanna try this out!

Are we going to get roblox to run off our gpu, because right now even though I run it off my rtx 2070 super, I still have a lot of games that are laggy to me.

Id like to opt in
Place ID:6000831737

I would like to opt in.

Roblox always pushing the boundaries with these amazing updates. Keep it up! :sunglasses: :ok_hand:

Yeah it used to have currents too, so you could put boats and stuff on rivers and theyā€™d sail along in the right direction. Itā€™s a shame this was removed as it was great for not having to script it yourself, but probably for the best (I believe there wasnā€™t a option to not have a current)?

I was under the assumption thereā€™d be an application form for this, but everyone seems to be dropping place IDs in here, so Iā€™ll follow suit, and Iā€™d like to opt in with my groupā€™s game.

Opt in: 4901843753

1 Like

This is awesome! Count me in! Now is the best time to expand my horizons as a solo game dev and get into building!

My place ID is: 6120073309

This looks incredible! I cannot wait to use this in my future games and showcases.

I would love to join in. Place ID: 6120085077

This has me rather intrigued, Iā€™ve always wanted to mess with this stuff but never really liked what we had, so I would love to help test this!

Place ID: 6120093366

I would love to opt in.
Place ID: 6092384912

This is the step in the right direction!!

I want this for my game.

id: 4519631442

No screen space reflecions, we really need them lol.

3 Likes