New TextChatService "/" to send message sends slash in message

Hi everyone, we’ve identified a fix which should be included in our release next week. The team is also taking steps to ensure this regression doesn’t happen again in the future.

26 Likes

Why was it not already made with the option to turn it off when it was added?

TextChatService is currently opt-in. It is optional.

1 Like

Right now the key got changed from / to . in the prompt
But . is emote menu and it still shows / in roblox menu
And it doesn’t open chat
That’s weird

3 Likes

This can be done using a more suitable method by simply using InputEnded instead. This will not trigger input into the text box.

1 Like

the / is part of my message too when i send it, so instead use LegacyChatService.

1 Like

Any updates? Been ~ a week and still doesn’t seem to be resolved.

I’ve also encountered this issue before in studio and in game.

I found the bug earlier and thought a fix would be deployed it is still happening, When can we expect a bug fix.

1 Like

Studio/Client releases happen regularly on Wednesday, so you can expect the fix to roll out then. I will update in this thread here once the fix is out or if there’s any unexpected delays.

8 Likes

Hi folks, due to an unrelated issue, Client release (which includes the fix for this bug) is being delayed to tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!

6 Likes

In Roblox Studio, when using / it doesn’t even open at all.

Thanks for reporting. I sent you a DM to follow up on your issue to avoid cluttering this thread.

Hi everyone, this week’s release (573) has finally gone out and the issue should now be fixed. Thank you for your patience!

12 Likes

why did it take so long for what should be a simple fix

Roblox updates weekly on Wednesdays with a whole bunch of other changes not related to this one. This fix requires a client update which they aren’t going to make everyone update Roblox for such a small change, hence why you have to wait for the weekly update.

To be fair, it did take two weeks. (14 days) from report to release. Would like to see quicker rollout, even for non-critical issues like this.

2 Likes

Now it seems like it’s sending a " : " before the message. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

1 Like

Doesn’t appear to be happening to me.

What game(s) is this occurring in? Provide some links for the engineers to investigate ^^