New to blender modeling

Hello,

So I am trying to learn how to model in Blender. I feel I have started to get the hang of it but was wondering if anone had any vids which helped them to learn how to model and any tips you may have.

Another thing is does anyone know how to turn on mirroring i think it is called as I do not want to have to deal with both sides just one side and it does it both sides.

Mirror on the axis that works.

Enable clipping (might be useful, it just holds the vertices in the middle together so there isn’t tiny holes in your mesh).

And you are done.

Have you done any research first? A simple search will result in thousands of beginner videos to help you with learning ‘3D Modeling’. There are a few previous threads that leaves helpful tips - information, that you could take along when learning Blender. (Aotrou) goes into more depth about learning modeling.

I would recommend blender guru beginner tutorial (donut & mug one) is a great place to start, it’s incredibly informative in terms of learning the basic tools, techniques, and workflow of blender. He also goes into more detail and explains.

While there is a bunch of information that you could use there are also threads that have gone over this question in countless of threads, including recently, getting better at Blender or wanting to learn how to do certain things; does take a lot of practice and patience as it isn’t something that will come overnight.

1 Like