New UIListLayout Flex Features [Beta]

Please tell me a date of when it will be officially re-enabled! It feels really counter intuitive for me to have to do all this work when this feature would’ve solved all my problems.

4 Likes

Is there a way to make the UI list layout wrap upwards instead of downwards when it wraps horizontally? No matter what I tried, it wouldn’t wrap upwards.
RobloxStudioBeta_GdLMT8KBaQ

1 Like

Oh yeah, it would be cool if it could take into account the alignment values (horizontal and vertical).

1 Like

After several months of use, I think it is a good feature. However, there may be conflicts between it and AutomaticSize that make me unwilling to use it again. It has disrupted my UI layout, and I don’t know how to describe the problems it brings. tired What a pity! Unfortunately!

Thanks for the feature request! I believe someone else also requested this earlier. Currently, the UIListLayout only wraps top to bottom or left to right.

I think it shouldn’t be too hard to add this, I think it would function similar to flex-wrap: wrap-reverse (link) in CSS.

3 Likes

Thank you for your feedback! If you have a chance, could you please share some specific conflicts with AutomaticSize that are causing issues for you? Any repro files/screenshots would be very helpful!

We would like to fix AutomaticSize + flex bugs!

1 Like

I’ve found this bug when using a UIListLayout with a vertical alignment other than ‘Top’ under a ScrollingFrame with AutomaticCanvasSize set to Y.

Basically, elements under the ScrollingFrame will have their position changed on the AbsoluteWindowSize instead of AbsoluteCanvasSize property when AutomaticCanvasSize is set to Y. This creates a problem once there are enough elements that they become larger than the ScrollingFrame’s AbsoluteWindowSize.

Effectively, their positions are set to negative values outside of the ScrollingFrame’s canvas and a large empty space is created in their absence.

Here shows that this only happens when AutomaticCanvasSize is set to Y, because if I provide the proper CanvasSize instead of using AutomaticCanvasSize it displays as (I believe) intended.

I’m sure this likely applies to horizontal layouts too, but I haven’t tested that.

1 Like

Forgot to mention, the left one is using ‘Top’ for the VerticalAlignment, middle is ‘Center’, and right is ‘Bottom.’

Here’s a .rbxl with this setup
UIListLayout w Automatic Canvas Size ScrollingFrame.rbxl (71.4 KB)

1 Like

Another delay, noooooo :joy:
Nah, just joking, I am happy if there are going to be less bugs in the final release which … will, maybe, be in a year :sweat:

Hey Roblox, its been a few months, please hurry it up already!

14 Likes

Any idea when UIListLayout.Wraps is going to release? I made a UI dependent on it and I would really like to have it out before august so I don’t have to manually script a way for it to work how UIListLayout.Wraps works.

10 Likes

Is there a forum to get the feature enabled on a specific place? I’m working on a branded experience and we heavily rely on this feature being enabled. :sob:

7 Likes

still waiting for this to be released… my new uis are dependent of this feature

3 Likes

I side with you. Been relying on this extensively.

2 Likes

Also waiting and hoping there are no more bugs to be solved. Haven’t checked it in months as my work is done and is just waiting for release (and I am working on other stuff now) but hopefully everything is going nice on the other side and is close to release.

1 Like

@LinkingService @ParadoxAssets @Scopetag @Semir2006 glad to hear you are interested in using flex in production!

The latest update is we are planning to enable flex for a subset of users next week and expand the rollout if no issues are found! Stay tuned for more updates!

13 Likes

Next week?! That sounds awesome! Thank you
(I know you mentioned just some people but still better than “few months”)

Can we also have an early access to this feature? We are heavily dependent on this and we can’t release the new re-worked UI. We have an upcoming event this august and we really want to refresh the UI.

2 Likes

We are currently testing flex layout in production this week, so we hope we can turn it on for everyone. However if we find a blocker, we will start turning flex on for individual games next week. Thanks!

15 Likes

When can we expect this feature to be on by default in Studio? It still seems to be a (off by default?) option in Studio, which seems odd for a feature that appears to be ready for production.