Next Gen Studio UI Preview is here! [Beta]

No. How do I turn it off? I never asked for my studio to be forced to look different in a way I do not like. If this new “look” :face_vomiting: is forced, I might reconsider switching to UE5 for the 23987th time.

2 Likes

My only real issue with it currently is no way to hide/show it like the old Ribbon bar. It currently just takes up too much space for me to be able to keep it enabled

Sorta? On MacOS, you automatically get a search option in the Help menu. This is provided by the OS so there isn’t a windows equivalent.

Where you thinking of a search bar in the Plugins menu? Tab? Both?

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve noticed padding taking a lot more space and no way to collapse this ribbon. Might be temporary regression. Not all of us can afford to have 1080p, 1440p or 4K (i have 1080p but yeah, takes more space compared to old)

1 Like

That’s a reasonable concern. Do you think custom tabs where you can put any combination of tools you’d like on a single tab will help? Do you utilize shortcut keys today?

1 Like

We have discovered a crash with what appears to be older plugins that make a call to a deprecated function. Not something we could’ve caught with our testing (and we do test against popular community plugins)

Hotfix is in progress.

1 Like

Hey Paul, great update!

I was just wondering if you guys will bring back collapsing the top nav like the old UI?

Also not a big deal, but the main center nav doesn’t warp so on small screens might create some issues

1 Like

There is work in progress :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Almost certainly, yes. Ultimately we want to Studio to be flexible enough to be useable without a ribbon at all.

5 Likes

I’d also like to bring up concerns about having no access to view selector, outlines and some other features which are rather miscellaneous (outline selection, screen shot, video record, etc.). Elttob specifically mentioned screen shot missing (apparently its bound to Clear so go apple keyboard or go home?

What about Quick Access? I have some plugins like light editor or load character there and I don’t wanna spend extra clicks going to my custom toolbar just to use it.

I assume all of this is under consideration, I’ve tried it but haven’t stumbled across major/catastrophic issues so far while testing it. Performance is better than before FFlag version too.

The New UI is very good, i hope the current font on studio will be replaced by “Builder font” and the homepage must be redesigned to match with creator dashboard UI style

Wow! I am so excited to check this feature!

…wuh oh

1 Like

View selector is here:

Some options are indeed missing though. I noticed that Reload script is not there too.

2 Likes

apparently it’s due to plugins. try disabling some

This is unrelated to the TOS update. They just happened to get released around the same time.

I don’t really like the way the buttons at the top look, they look weird to me but the icons look good and I like the idea of a new look

If you don’t like a modernized, bulky ui then buddy you’ll HATE ue5.

3 Likes

can we not shrink the top bar anymore?? i hope this changes (i can’t test cause it just instacrashes)

it’s actually not good to have LESS screen real estate vertically, most monitors are wider than taller, and that’s the last place i’d want waste

1 Like