Nexus Embedded Editor - "Hacky" Method to Overlay External Editors over Roblox Studio (No Longer Maintained)

For some reason it is not working for me.

1 Like

A small feature request is pushing the window in about 1px on each side if thereā€™s another Qt widget there, since this is what Studio does, it makes the window look more ā€œdocked inā€ instead of being popped out.

I donā€™t know how feasible this is though so /shrug

1 Like

At this point, Iā€™ve stopped contributing to the project except for the dependencies. Pull requests are open for these types of changes, but I donā€™t intend on implementing these requests myself.

1 Like

There seems to be an issue that must have popped up recently, when i press connect and attach the window doesnā€™t show above the roblox studio window so i kept retrying and eventually it broke and doesnā€™t even open VS Code. I Did get this gl disabled error tho. image

1 Like

As a reminder,

A fix for this is dependent on someone creating a pull request for it on GitHub.

1 Like

Those watching the repository may have noticed a bit of activity. In preparation to hand off the project to someone at some point - not sure when - I removed Nexus Plugin Framework since it has been the cause of several instances of the plugin breaking. Nothing has functionally changed except the file size of the plugin is drastically smaller.

Part of the reason I am seeking to transfer ownership is I am planning on moving to Linux on all my systems this year. The underlying functionality in .NET Framework and now .NET Core is Windows only, so Nexus Embedded Editor is unable to function on Linux, and even if it did, it is a project I never adopted myself and would not port myself to Linux.

This project has gotten a lot more traction than I expected, and my plan to move to Linux will make it very impractical for me to maintain this project. I will archive the repository in 2 months and will not be maintaining the project anymore. If anyone else wants to maintain the project - go ahead. It will be without me though.