Nexus Unit Testing - Automation Testing User Interface for Roblox Studio

So… even though I posted this, I have some changes in the works.

Anyway, the original Nexus Unit Testing syntax (require("NexusUnitTesting"), then create tests there), is deprecated in the latest release and will be removed in the next release in favor of TestEZ. Those who have used the plugin in games with deferred events may have noticed that test running is a lot slower than immediate events. Handling this with the old Nexus Unit Testing syntax, which I stopped recommending a while ago, is hard. Tests with it will show warnings when ran, and must be migrated to TestEZ to continue working. It will be released next month (probably), and you can test the changes now by building the plugin with Rojo on the remove-legacy-assertions branch.

If you do a “Find All” for NexusUnitTesting and find nothing, no action is required.

With this change, Nexus Unit Testing being a wrapper for TestEZ is a bit weird. I’m debating a rebrand, and potentially a lot more functionality with a “pro” version. Once I get a demo of this theoretical version, I’ll post it somewhere to try to gauge interest.

Hey, you might want to consider JEST

Jest is something I’ve had in mind, but I’m not planning to move to it for now. Properly integrating TestEZ took a while, and I assume the same will be required for Jest. Currently, TestEZ works for me and I don’t have a reason to migrate it. Pull requests for this change would be welcome, but please use the much smaller remove-legacy-assertions branch if you choose to do so.