[NO COMMISSIONS] 8ovl | Scripter/Programmer

About Me :wave:

Hello! I’m Ben/8ovl, and I’m a programmer on ROBLOX. I’ve been scripting on this platform since late 2018, and I love doing it. I do a lot of projects on my own however I don’t allow people to hire me as I like to keep my work to myself. In the future, I may opt for hiring however as of currently this is just a showcase of some of the things I’ve done as a scripter over the past 2 or so years. You can call me Ben, 8ovl, or 8o, I don’t care.

My Work :hammer_and_wrench:

I have a bunch of other projects I am currently working on which should be done in the upcoming months which I will not be sharing as I want them to be a surprise. I’ll try my best to update this with my new things, however, for now, this only showcases public things that I’ve scripted. Heads up: I’m not the absolute best UI designer and I am trying my best to improve. There’s a lot of UI stuff that I am trying to learn and I hope to understand better in the future.

Auto-Minigames

I have made an auto minigames game, which automatically runs and spawns minigames for players to play. This was made quite a while ago so the script isn’t the best. I will likely be remaking or redoing this game in the future. I also plan to work on more on other Automatic Games and learning more about how they work and function.
Game Link: 8ovl's Games [ALPHA] - Roblox

Groups

One personal hobby of mine is playing gameshow groups, which are fun games owned by a group where hosts in the group can host the game for players to play. I’ve always loved game show groups, coming across them in 2017. I currently only focusing on 1 game show group, one which I own, which I co-own, ReaIity Playground. I have loved all the time I have been in this group. It is currently at 1.45k and soon to be at 1.5k! In this group, I’ve scripted a majority of the games including Obby Lord, Sword Fight King, Building Competition, The Amazing Race, Kingdom Clash, Mind Trials, Hunger Games, and Survivor. Most things you’ll see in these games scripted are by me. One game I am proud of is Survivor, which loosely resembles the popular Reality TV Show. This game has an idol system, tribal council system, and a chat system all scripted by me. I also have developed at other gameshow groups which I no longer work at including Soul Game Shows and Lively Game Shows.
ReaIity Playground: ReaIity Playground - Roblox

Plugins

Recently, I’ve been getting into creating more and learning more things about ROBLOX. One of these things is Plugins, which I currently have 2 of. In the future, I will definitely be making more Plugins for whatever I need. The first plugin that I’ve made is Fontifier, which is 3D Text Plugin. This has 3 fonts at the moment, however, it will likely be updated in the future to include more. The other plugin I’ve made is for my builder friends, called Decoration Waypoints. This plugin has different decorations and a UI that you can select and place in. My third plugin, called Extra Lua Functions (ELFS), adds some functions to the game through shortcuts which otherwise you couldn’t do, such as locking the whole map or grouping items into a folder. This is likely going to be made a bit cleaner in the future. The last plugin I cannot take full credit for, as it is a modified version of the Team Create Hats plugin by presssssure which instead of Hats adds Characters. This is purely cosmetic and I do not take credit for the base of the script and only the added bits to make it compatible for characters rather than simply Hats. Link to their plugin below. These plugins are in early creation phases and they likely have some bugs, and if you find something wrong, feel free to comment below about it.
Fontifier: https://www.roblox.com/library/4390533729/Fontifier-Alpha
Decoration Waypoints: https://www.roblox.com/library/4447966414/Decoration-Waypoints
Extra Lua Functions (ELFS):
Team Create Characters: https://www.roblox.com/library/4841627736/Team-Create-Characters
Original Team Create with Hats Plugin by presssssure: https://www.roblox.com/library/990908723/Team-Create-With-Hats

At the current moment, I do not do short commissions for Robux. :alarm_clock:

I do however like to work at groups that I personally enjoy and would like to continuously help develop at. In the future, I’m sure I’ll be open for hire however at the current time, this is simply showcasing what I’ve done in case you’re interested in what I do. :smile:

Contact Me :telephone_receiver:

You can converse with me through the Developer Forums, or you may contact me through Discord: ben!#1000
My discord may change over time so this may be outdated. I’ll try my best to update it over time.

I hope you found this interesting and learned a bit about me. Thanks for reading, cya! :star:

10 Likes

This guy is amazing. He can script extremely well and surprise me every time. I’ve been working with him for about 2 years now and it’s been the best experience of my life. He was the reason Reality Playground was at 1.1k members as of March 28th 2020.

He’s truly talented.

4 Likes

I have been knowing 8ovl/Ben for more than 3 months and for that small period of time, he has shown that there is nothing impossible in scripting and you can do anything, if you try. He is very effective and I’m proud that I know such a talented scripter like 8ovl/Ben.

1 Like

I have worked alongside him with a number of RP’s games. He’s pulled off some really outstanding things while on the job, I can tell you that without him the group wouldn’t be where it is now. He has a great attitude towards the job and always seems motivated when it comes to his work. Great portfolio, man! :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Hey man! I am interested in working with you, can you please add me as a friend on discord (Ryneer#3292). BTW It say on discord You are not accepting friend request.

Hello, I would be interested in hiring your services. Please check out my post: Closed not hiring

Very interested would love to hire you for some work Discord: PearlLilac#8718

1 Like

Thank you all for the requests, however I’m not currently for hire. This is just a showcase of my work. In the future I may work for commissions but currently, I’m unavailable. Thank you anyways for reading.

1 Like