No-Reset not working

Hey! I’m trying to use a No-Reset script, and it’s not working… It worked a few months ago, though.

Also, I have a script where on-death there’s a timer before you actually respawn. In Studio, it works perfectly. In game, though, it doesn’t work.

Anyways, here is my No-Reset script. It’s a Local Script and it’s in StarterGUI

local StarterGui = game:GetService(‘StarterGui’)

wait(1)

StarterGui:SetCore(“ResetButtonCallback”, false)

EDIT: I found a script that may interfere with this

wait(1)
local remoteEvent = game.ReplicatedStorage.resetandgivenEvents

local resetBindable = Instance.new(“BindableEvent”)
resetBindable.Event:connect(function()
remoteEvent:FireServer(“reset”)
end)

game:GetService(“StarterGui”):SetCore(“ResetButtonCallback”, resetBindable)

1 Like

First, when you are putting code you should do it like this:

```Lua
code
`` ` (without the space)

Which will format it correctly.

If you have two conflicting scripts, you should make it so that they no longer conflict. In your case, I’m going to assume you only want the user to be able to reset at certain times? For example, if they are in a match don’t let them reset but if they are in the lobby let them reset?

In a local script you’d want to listen for when they are in a match or lobby and act accordingly.

no, i just want them to not reset in general

If you don’t want them to reset at all then just remove the bit of code that is conflicting. Does this solve your issue?

before i even added the No-Reset script, the other reset detection script wasn’t working. it was working in studio, but not in game

Hi there,
I have a couple of things to suggest:

1. Like what @grilme99 suggested, when inserting code into your topics, highlight it all and click on Preformat button to organize your code.

2. The second script is what interferes with the no-reset one, because when I try the code, it works.

3. When you are trying to detect if the player resets, you can simply just detect using Humanoid.Died:

local player = game.Players.LocalPlayer
     local character = player.Character

character:WaitForChild("Humanoid").Died:Connect(function()

print("dead") --prints dead when my character dies

end)

okay, the script was interfering with it. but why was the script only working studio, and not in game?

That code will also fire when they die in general. If you only want to know when they reset then you should use the method here:

1 Like

I’m confused what you’re doing here? You’re creating a new bindable event that will never get fired so you’re never going to fire “reset” to the server.

1 Like

so i have something where if you get shot with a gun, you fall to the floor and there’s a CRITICAL tag above your head. after awhile, you die. so my scripter added a Reset detection, and it only works in studio, but not in game

Well it’s not working because you are creating that bindable event and listening for it to be fired. Get rid of that so you’re only firing to the server and it should work. But why does it matter if you don’t want to be able to reset at all?

because with no Reset Detection, you just fall to the floor and stay there without respawning

Well you can’t listen to resets and disable reset at the same time. Why don’t you just automatically kill them when they fall to the floor?

before i even tried disabling resets it didnt work… that’s why i did it in the first place.

and the reason i dont automatically kill them is for RP purposes, i own a roleplay game

Add a text button then. Just listen for when that is clicked and kill them.

In your script, you are doing

local resetBindable = Instance.new(“BindableEvent”)
resetBindable.Event:connect(function()
remoteEvent:FireServer(“reset”)
end)

game:GetService(“StarterGui”):SetCore(“ResetButtonCallback”, resetBindable)

Instead you would just do

game:GetService(“StarterGui”):SetCore(“ResetButtonCallback”, false)