No scripts in a tank, yet it randomly deletes/disappears. Why?

I made this tank model back in 2015(ish) and it worked fairly well before it became buggy, and was replaced with some other system a couple years back.

As I start to overhaul one of my games I decided to revisit the tank, since, while simple, was pretty optimized, but I ran into some issues.

The issue is that the tank, for some reason, would sometimes not regen when using a tried and proven regen system, and when it did work, it would completely glitch out, teleport the tank and the player somewhere random, sometimes even just deleting the tank and the player from the game. Here’s a GIF of that in action: https://gyazo.com/cdd9db40dde2c3554bc5fa28219107ab

At first I thought it was something to do with the tank scripts, and I removed every sound, script, and bodygyro from it, yet it would still do this. I have no idea why either, as there are no other scripts in the game interacting with the tank (100% sure on that).

What could possibly be wrong?

2 Likes

Seems really weird, but maybe;

• Check your other scripts in the game?
  • Roblox studio virus? Check your plugins?

e.e

2 Likes

Only have the Studio+ plugin installed. Everything else is ROBLOX created ones.

And as for the other scripts, almost all of them are just dealing with GUIs/leaderstats. I have disabled any suspect ones, yet the same issue occurred.

2 Likes

It seems like it’s deleting certain billboard guis (or humanoid names can’t tell) and lighting from the other tank every couple of seconds

Before
After

Before
After

So it’s not just the tank.

• Maybe it’s because the game is old?
  • Maybe it’s a broken while loop?
  • Try publishing a new place?
  • Disable all scripts to see if it’s a roblox studio issue?

Super weird…

1 Like

Tried in a new, empty baseplate place and it did the same, exact thing.

1 Like

Did you try disabling all the scripts? Even the ones that aren’t related? e.e

1 Like

Did you search in the explorer for scripts to make sure there weren’t any hiding? A lot of scripts especially harmful ones get hidden really deep in very hard to find places or cloned to every part like below

Yep, removed all scripts. Issue still persisted.

1 Like

Maybe restart studio? Never head of that bug/issue… ._.

Have done that too, as I’ve opened and closed Studio a few times since this issue has been happening all day

1 Like

Well then… I really have no clue what’s going on ._. That’s some weird bug…Sorry. xd

Are the missing parts anchored?

1 Like

I can’t tell what parts are missing and what are not since the tank is a boxy build around a mesh. No parts are anchored.

Could you share us a place? So we can find that script causing this! :+1:

Thing is, it happens at every place, regardless of scripts being present or not. I have posted a link to the tank in my original post, however. It has original scripts in it.

1 Like

Does the issue persist when you disable all plugins, restart studio, create an empty base plate to add the tank to and remove all scripts from the game (by running a script similar to what’s below) in that order? And does this only happen when testing in studio, or does it happen to a published place as well?

RemoveAllScripts

Make sure that if you decide to run this, you do it by saving the script and clicking the run script under the model tab so that this script doesn’t just delete itself before deleting all other scripts

local removeChildScripts 
removeChildScripts = function(root)
	for i,v in pairs(root:GetChildren()) do
		if v:IsA("BaseScript") then v:Destroy() return end
		if #v:GetChildren() > 0 then
			removeChildScripts(v)
		end
	end
end
removeChildScripts(game)

Have you tried checking the output, maybe you’ve forgot to remove a script or a ‘virus’. Plugins might also cause this issue,

1 Like

Is it simple enough as collission?

1 Like

No output present.

I don’t think a simple collision would be responsible for teleporting the tank randomly imo, also wouldn’t explain it randomly disappearing

1 Like

It could just be falling through the world instantly, try set all the parts CanCollide to true just incase. If that doesnt work, do you have any other CollisionGroups??