No texture when importing from Blender

Hello, I have made a model in Blender and made materials for it. While importing to Roblox Studio, the textures and materials simply do not appear, it’s just gray. I have tried everything, FBX, baking, and none of them works (UV editor has a black image even when I try to bake the textures). Please help me!

1 Like

That might be because the texture is not supported in the Roblox engine. However, never seen that happening before. Try exporting to another platform to check if it’s a problem with the blender model or Roblox.

3 Likes

I would try exporting the texture as images (normal map, rough map, base color, whatever necessary) and then insert these into the proper nodes in roblox of the mesh item. you can research PBR textures for more info! It should work then.

2 Likes

Probably it’s not the case, but maybe you are exporting it as an obj file. Try exporting it as an fbx file.

I haven’t exported many things with textures nor have tried obj a lot, so I am nowhere near an expert about this, but maybe try it out. Might be the reason.

2 Likes

How would I export the textures?

Sadly, I have already tried exporting as fbx as I stated in the post.

OH, my bad, sorry. I didn’t notice. However, I might still be able to help. A few time ago, I found a video explaining how to export objects with textures. I didn’t watch the video myself yet - I saved it to Watch Later - but maybe you’ll find something useful in it.

Here’s the link: How To Export Blender Meshes AND TEXTURES Into Roblox Studio [2022] - YouTube

1 Like

I use this post regularly to remember how :slight_smile: You can set up a Blender profile too so that you can use these export settings as a template and have them ready each time you open blender etc. Hope that this helps!

1 Like