Not updating from version 505 to 506

Reproduction Steps
Just open Studio to start the normal auto-update process.

Expected Behavior
The normal auto-update should occur.

Actual Behavior
Although this new version has been released, my Studio is not updating, it still remains as 505.
What is happening?

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-12-09 00:12:00 (-03:00)

2 Likes

Did u tried to update manually as there is a new feature?

How exactly are you checking which version you’re on…?

File → About:

Ye this is happening to me idk why.

Yo I know the reason why now, Was messaging a roblox staff about this and he said “There was a very limited rollout of version 506 because of a crash affecting Mac players. Most of us are not suppose to have version 506, yet.”

Can confirm, using Windows 11.

Also, my Roblox Games Client was not updated. I think it only affects computers, on my mobile I was able to update it correctly.

Oh, that’s right :hushed:

For some reason, I was trying to open games using iOS (with build 506) and after a few minutes it crashes.

I’m not sure if this is related but I had a crashing issue after working on something for 4 hours and none of that progress I worked on saved.

I started working on something at 10 this morning (est) and 20 minutes ago my entire studio crashed while attempting to publish my game, it didn’t save any of that progress while I was in studio as it registered my last publish was at 1 in the morning last night.

I had hoped it would use my auto-saves to help me but even that screwed up and it didn’t even save any place files for an auto-save even though it’s supposed to save one every 30 minutes but didn’t save anything. I’m extremely disappointed in Roblox saving as I have no way of recovering that progress now.

1 Like

Since everything was messed up here, to solve this and other problems with Roblox, I erased everything related to Roblox in my Windows 10, cleaned the windows registry, and did a clean install from scratch.
Apparently, this solved the problem.
I believe that the definitive 506 version should have already been released (as mentioned in my previous post) and I hope that this problem doesn’t happen again in the update to the future 507 version:

2 Likes

There was not a Studio release yesterday. It only went out this morning, which is why there was no update yesterday.

The About Studio dialog pictured in prior posts will show what the latest available version is. In post #4, it shows that the latest available version is still 505, and hence no update available.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.