November 2017 Developer Stats Issues

Hey Developers,

On November 28th 2017 at 05:00PM PST, we made a change to the Developer Stats page which caused revenue charts to display inaccurate information. We corrected the data reporting issue on November 29th 2017 at 12:00PM PST but the charts will continue to display inaccurate information until we fill in the missing data. To clarify the data after 12:00pm is correctly displayed. To clarify, no revenue was lost for your Roblox game(s).

Additionally, between 11:30 AM and 12:00 PM PST on November 29th, 2017, place traffic data also experienced a similar data reporting issue. Again, no traffic was actually lost, and the place traffic still counted as place visits. This is once again just an issue with the reporting of the data.

Both issues have been corrected, however data will be missing from the graphs from your Developer Statistics page for the specified time frames. This issue impacted all games on the Roblox platform.

In short, do not be alarmed to find data missing from your Developer Statistics page on the dates specified above! No one has experienced any revenue or traffic loss as a result of this issue and all new data is now recorded correctly on the page.

Thanks,
Developer Relations

33 Likes

Thanks for letting us know!

3 Likes

Glad this is fixed. Good work :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah I was really confused. Thanks for the swift fix. I assume group earnings data is separate from this issue and still accurate?

Was hoping this was the fix to the monthly reporting which is still broken from March

3 Likes

Don’t forget shutting down all servers means your average visit times skyrocket to 10x what they were for an hour. This ends up skewing the daily data.

Hard to know if a game update hurt play times until a few days have gone by.

2 Likes

Mine has been broken in one of my games since November 2016 :frowning:

1 Like

Mind providing a link to that game?

4 Likes

The monthly developer stats have been super broken for a while for numerous games:

Links to my games: Roblox High School [Legacy] - Roblox and Sharpshooter Mines - Roblox

3 Likes

Yes, we are aware of that and are actively working on fixing that.

Unfortunately, these are only signs of a larger structural issues so it isn’t exactly straightforward to fix, but it will hopefully be resolved in Jan 2018.

5 Likes

Actually it’s showing that it has only been broken since April 2017 but I know with a fair degree of certainty that when I was looking at it earlier this year it had been broken already.

My analytics were just fine
:smirk: :smirk: :smirk:

We have an internal ticket for that issue, it is currently being worked on.

3 Likes