NPC Handling issue

Hello
So what I’m doing here with NPC’s is I’m letting the server handle the movement - a model that has Humanoid, HumanoidRootPart objects. And for the clients I’m replicating the body from the ReplicatedStorage and inserting the components to that server model just so it forms a complete character. My main issue here is a weird behavior of the humanoid movement. It’s as if the NPC is sliding:

Shortly after sliding I get a jittery movement effect:

Are there any ways to fix that or any other ways of handling such things?

What is your code? Are you using Humanoid:MoveTo?

Yes, it uses pathfinding service along with that

I think It’s also important to note that this doesn’t happen if I completely handle the NPC with the server.

Your problem is that the server isn’t aware of the physics collisions of the humanoid parts - hence the weirdness. You should either make them cancollide false (or just do it all server based?)

The problem is that I want to have quite a few NPC’s like that. I heard from previous posts that this is the most efficient way of handling them

Yes, unfortunately not everyone on the internet is right :stuck_out_tongue:

The idea is sound, but you’ll need to do a ton of work on your side to make it work efficiently.
Humanoids won’t work this way out of the box, I’m afraid.

If you aren’t going to use a bunch of humanoids, it probably isn’t worth it

I wish it was as easy as they made it sound. What would you suggest to do?

1 Like

There is a bandaid solution to the jittery movement here.

For some reason, “MoveToFinished()” just doesn’t work (at least i dont think it does). I used the solution above and my AI runs around smoothly no problem.

Now the sliding issue, I don’t know how to fix that.