NPC stuttering when moving

So im making a tower defense game, and enemies have to move from one waypoint to another. After it moves to its second waypoint and turns, at the centre, it starts stuttering and for the life of me i cant figure out why.

Ive tried myself but I have no idea what could be wrong, I have looked on the devforum and all i’m getting is network ownership, which i have already set to the server, and some stuff related to MoveTo() which i forget, but they didnt work.

here is a video of the problem, skip to 0:20 to see the stuttering.

Have you put that in a loop? Try setting all descendants’ network ownership to the server in a loop.

I changed from GetChildren() to GetDescendants(), which will help when i make more detailed things, so thank you for that, but unfortunately it did not fix the stuttering.

With some more experimenting i found out for some reason they only lag every second waypoint, and it only happens on the client.

I fixed it!
This post had a solution by Ezby. Its using a system updating the position on the client from the server every couple heartbeats, and since the server side is smooth it means smooth walking on the client as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.