.OBJ File has no Materials when importing from Blender to Roblox Studio

What I want to achieve
I want to import a .obj file from Blender into Roblox Studio whilst keeping the applied materials (as seen in Material Preview mode)
(Materials, NOT Textures)

The Problem
When I import it the entire obj file is the default part colour and tiny

Extra
I’m really new to Blender and don’t know nearly anything about it. Here’s the .blend file and the .obj I’m trying to import
(It’s all 1 cyclinder with loop cuts and extrusions. There are three materials and each surface has one of the three)

MapBorder.blend (948.2 KB)
MapBorderPiece.obj (9.3 KB)

I don’t think you can export the materials, but you can try using a image texture instead:

Step 1: Go to the texture tab and click on “New”

Step 2: Click on the little dot in the right of Base Color and then add a Image Texture

Step 3: Insert a color palette, personally i use this one

Step 4: Open a new tab and change to “UV Editor”

Step 5: Go to Edit Mode by pressing tab in the viewport and select the faces that you want to change the color

Step 6: Go to the UV Editor tab, press A to select everything, then press S to scale and finally press 0 to minimize the size of the mapping

Step 7: Press G to move to your desired color and then repeat this for all your model

Step 8: Export as a FBX or OBJ and then import to Studio

That’s it! Hope you learned something new

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ll definitely check this out when I come home.

Edit - Works Perfectly! But after doing this once, I HATE IT. Just wonder how others that do this feel :laughing:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.