[OLD] SmartBone - An optimized module for Dynamically Simulated Bones

is there a tutorial of the module?

4 Likes

The post itself has all the instructions you should need. What part are you struggling with?

4 Likes

explain the steps you didnā€™t tell me how

4 Likes

nah you should go read the documentation smh,

5 Likes

where is the documentation? also what do you mean by that

4 Likes

is there anyway to lock a bones rotation axis or movement axis, and also limiting how far a bone can move relative to its parent?

7 Likes

This would be incredibly useful. Looking forward to it!

5 Likes

Hereā€™s the latest version of a cape using SmartBone for anyone who wants an example:

SmartBone Cape Example.rbxl (59.3 KB)

8 Likes

The documentation is the post itself

4 Likes

Its also almost impossible to do unfortunately. If you move a bone, the collision of the mesh remains the same, which makes it impossible to detect collisions easily

5 Likes

OH GOSH! okay! i actually managed to get something haha.

https://gyazo.com/8585b67571d71273f5b2231e43d3b527

still needs fine tuning but thats actually so cool

4 Likes

How can I prevent my cape from bouncing when my character stops moving or jumping, and also how do i avoid the cape from passing through my character when I move backward?

3 Likes

Collisions arenā€™t added yet, but they will be soon.

5 Likes

Idk why my cape is not work. I setup the mesh model with bone but It nothing works
I do like a Example cape

my cape

Example Cape

Uploading: RobloxScreenShot20230301_180810701.pngā€¦

This is my place
TestCap.rbxl (60.2 KB)

1 Like

You did not add the ā€œSmartBoneā€ tag to the cape mesh.

To do it, first select the cape, which is in your case called ā€œCubeā€

After that, open the Tag Editor in the View tab.

When you have this open with the capeā€™s mesh selected, click ā€œNew tagā€ and type out ā€œSmartBoneā€
You will then be able to check the box, enabling SmartBone.

After that, it will work as intended.

5 Likes

Nice. Added a little bit of magic to the source code in order to handle directional velocity, allowing me to walk backwards without it going inside of my character. Fake collision!

13 Likes

can I see how itā€™s done? what changes did you make on the source?

1 Like

This is amazing, Iā€™ve been trying to replicate that but to no avail, could you give any instructions?

1 Like

Please, still looking forward for your help to help me make something like this! Iā€™m really in need

We seriously need an update to this, Iā€™m not a math person to be able to change this module to my needs, but we depend on you and donā€™t abandon us.

1 Like