Old terrain is deprecated and will be removed in January 2017

Please release this beautiful feature.

2 Likes

It looks like real water

4 Likes

Please do. It’s one of those quality of life things that would make using water with smooth terrain so much better.

2 Likes

Perfect! Please ship this.

1 Like

Pleasepleasepleaseplease PLEASE release this, it’s beautiful! :open_mouth:

I also noticed that you were using roblox recorder, yet it felt like you were getting 60 fps. Does this mean that the roblox recorder is being updated soon?

2 Likes
5 Likes

You guys are making smooth terrain more and more useful :heart_eyes:

More materials
Optimized LOD system
Sexy Water

What’s next? I’d love to see more materials.

1 Like

Color painting would drastically increase the materials available to us without even requiring new materials to be designed. Green grass for normal stuff, purple/orange grass for an alien world, dark grey/black grass for burnt grass. White rock/slate for the brilliant white cliffs of Greece, grey-blue for the freezing mountains of the north, grey-brown for the peaks in the jungle. Etc.

2 Likes

Yeah I was pretty surprised color painting wasn’t that big on the original thread with the list of requests. I’ll make another thread at some point to recalibrate the roadmap going forward.

7 Likes

I hate this. :frowning:

4 Likes

Since we’re getting kinda close now, has this been addressed?
Its not really crucial, but its more of an annoyance than anything else.

I took a shot at making my own version of a smooth terrain icon, using the diffuse textures I found in ROBLOX’s game files. I’m no graphics artist though, so I’m sure something better than this could be produced.

blob.jpg

In memory of the old Voxel Terrain.

3 Likes

RIP Old Terrain

4 Likes

It’s time. </3

5 Likes

sad

2 Likes

i wanna cry now.

2 Likes

Why? Does Smooth Terrain not meet your expectations?

1 Like

voxel terrain will forever be an old familiar face when it is spoken of