One way transparent part. (No zoom)

I am looking to make a smoothplastic part that is transparent which is basic knowledge. It goes between a counter for staff and customers. However you won’t be able to zoom into the staff side, which I am trying to. It would act like any other non-transparent part.

(Before posting I checked, there were no other posts along the lines of this.)

1 Like

https://gyazo.com/b315193dda4b354013a92564e1e9f407

Parts with a reflective property set to 1 with a transparency greater than 0 won’t be shown behind parts with a reflective property set to 0, texture set to glass, and transparency greater than 0.

So you’ll need two parts, the one that goes where the customers can see, and the one where the employees can see.

part1 = customer
part2 = staff

Make part1 have a reflective property of 1 and a transparency of 0.011. Also make sure the material is SmoothPlastic.

Make part2 have a reflective property of 0 and a transparency of whatever you want aslong as it is less than 1. Make sure it’s set to glass.

Voila! Line them up and you’re done, if you want to make it less obvious, add decals or textures!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t rely on this behavior because future rendering updates could fix it. Uploading a MeshPart with just 1 face is the way to go.

The easiest solution is to put an opaque decal on a transparent part. I remember seeing classic games do this for VIP doors.

8 Likes

Maybe this answers your question?

Basically you’d have to edit some camera scripts. If you want only a certain team to have this limitation, you could add your own code to the script.

2 Likes