[OPEN] [1000 R$] Need a scripter that is experienced with Datastores

I am looking for a scripter that can help me with my Datastore because I know nothing about them and can’t get my head round how they work. I need someone to make my datastore save hats that the player can buy in the game.

I will send you my discord so that we can talk much easier.

You may be underpaying a bit, 1000 robux is only worth about $3.50 after devex, and datastores aren’t exactly a single line of code. If that’s your budget I understand, but you may have better luck watching a few YouTube tutorials instead of finding someone to do it for such a low price.

3 Likes

How much should I be charging?

Well, it’s good to keep the minumum wage per hour in mind (7.25 an hour or about 2140 robux). Assuming that the person works two to three hours each day working on your project, and that the person will be working for about 2 weeks, you could offer a base price of I’d suggest offering a negotiable price with a base price of 50k robux. Of course, these variables (the ones underlined) should be interchangeable with your own, and negotiable with your hired person, the difficulty of datastores, and the quality of his/her work.

Here is a quick formula:

Payment = [(2140 * QUALITY) * HOURS_PER_DAY] * DAYS

Quality should be a percent in decimal form 0.5 means that the person is being payed half their work (their work is pretty bad, I generally propose you go above 1). 4.5 means the person is being payed very reasonably (work you find amazing, really like, additional charges, etc). Judge by time and quality, that’s the goal.

5 Likes

You can also use the search bar to find a ton of examples with datastores. One really good method is Datastore2, which is an open source module that has basically zero data loss to it. Furthermore, you can even use the Developer Hub to help you understand them even more.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.