Open Cloud Engine API for Updating Scripts [Beta]

This is awesome!!!
Can’t wait to experiment with this :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wow, wow, wow.
Holy crap, this is so amazing.

on Roblox, an open cloud engine API? Never in my life did I anticipate this day.

5 Likes

Why do you do this? I am a solo developer with no use for Team create, why am I being left out because of that?

I really hope this ID is available for developers to use, would make it so much easier for extremely customized replication use cases

I do like this though, that’s great

3 Likes

They likely have a team create server for every place, and when you load a team create place in studio you are joining this server. The system used to sync scripts between studio clients in team create is a part of the team create server. This system is an extension of the team create server and not available without team create turned on

3 Likes

I wonder the amount of possibilites with this! I will surely try it.

2 Likes

too awesome me too i think for roblox developement

4 Likes

This is an absolutely amazing update, and I’m very excited for this feature

With this update, we can potentially manage our games outside of Studio if an emergency situation pops up. Thank you for this update!

1 Like

Pretty much a great addition!
But is there a more specific reason to use this?

1 Like

So If no-one has the team create place opened, it won’t update?

1 Like

This is actually really useful. Cant wait to see what comes from it!

2 Likes

The place you are accessing just needs to have Team Create enabled, i.e. you don’t need to have Studio connected to Team Create for this to work.

8 Likes

Great update. Excited for the Studio Luau File Sync one.

1 Like

Will any edit to the scripts be immediately published upon updating it? Or do we still have to manually publish the game in studio for it to take effect?

2 Likes

this is amazing, can’t wait to code a roblox game in excel

3 Likes

Guys i didnt learn node.js yet but im planning to do so
Can someone make this long story short and tell me what will happen?

1 Like

Dreams becoming true! Oh boy this will be so good.

5 Likes

Very well done implementation!
I already have many ideas with these new off-platform possibilities and you could really change content in your game via a sheet from your phone if it’s connected with your place. Sounds fun!

4 Likes

This is amazing!! I’m working on a system tray application (discord rpc/presence) that uses ScriptEditorService API to communicate to localhost with script information (line count, source, etc) and this will make it 100x easier to do that.

I was tired of launching my application every single time I launch studio, so I decided to automate it to launch on startup, and then when you launch Studio, all you have to do is connect your connection via a roblox plugin and your good.

With more information, I can provide more information and might extend this even further. Thank you, Roblox Staff that worked on this!

4 Likes

Wow roblox, you guys are really coming back with some amazing updates!

1 Like

The changes are not published automatically. The game needs to be published manually.

2 Likes