[OPEN] Looking for good game ideas!

Hello everyone! My name is Pix and for the last couple of months I’ve been trying to find a good game to make. If you have any game ideas that you would like to share, please tell me! If I like your idea, and I end up making it, I will put your name in the description that says you came up with the game idea. Thanks for reading :grinning:

2 Likes

Well, If you would like a trendy game, I would say a Story Game. Although there are many of them, they are very interactive and interesting to the player. One more idea of a game is a Simulator. Personally ( My Opinion) I do not like simulators. But they have a very large and active community and are very customizable! Good luck on finding a game!

2 Likes

A good game idea is a unique game idea. Meaning that a good game is a game that you don’t expect to be a game. But this is just my opinion.

2 Likes

Yeah. Original Ideas beat Non-Original. And it is very fun to bring your own game to life!

1 Like

Yes, it is! I just can’t figure out what to make.:confused:

I recommend making a showcase as you can improve your building skills and at the same time have fun building. Hope this helped.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion!!!

This is a common question however it really depends on what games you really enjoy - or interested in I’ll normally strive for attractive and unique games that haven’t been created on the platform such as (fps games, reptile role play games ect).

There’s a bunch of game ideas to choose from you just need to find one that’ll stand out. I wouldn’t recommend making simulators games that have the repetition gameplay and mechanics or in case a good game idea, if your brainstorming ideas that you would like to create.

I’ll start small first you’ll need to think of what genre you’ll enjoy and play. I would recommend taking a look at this guide - tutorial it has some useful information to take along the process:

3 Likes

I would recommend something you enjoy. Ask your friends to see if they would play your game and research the popularity of that type/genre. If you like developing and playing your game then I call that a job well done!

2 Likes

Making a great game ideas are really enjoyable for your unique name of it, but the most recommended game names can be, showcase, obby, tycoon, story game, and rp game, but you have to do it really unique because the copyright notice can really hurt your reputation of it. Also, you can choose any games name of yours idea because no one is forces you to make that name, but you wanted a crazy fun game, where people wanted to play on Roblox, and you can pick any good genre community of players like to play, but you have to use good amount of information about your game in the case though, so it will take awhile to making amazing idea name to you’re game.

1 Like

If you want to make an “objectively” good game (throwing out the whole “everything is subjective” argument), you have to analyze what makes a good game in the first place.
Your game, among other things, has to:

1. Be FUN
  2. Be unique for what it is, even if it is in the same genre as another game
  3. Make good use of game mechanics and expand on them the more players invest their time into it

Those are the big three that you usually need to fall on, there are other tid-bits like making sure your game is consistent gameplay-wise and visually, has good transitions if you’re introducing new styles of gameplay, and all that jazz. All in all, just use common sense if you’re trying to make a good game.
The reason why I don’t outright just say what a good game idea is really comes down to the reason, THE one fact that most people don’t get or realize immediately, is that all game ideas may sound good, but it really isn’t worth ANYTHING unless you make it real or execute it in someway.
I could literally tell you that you should make a sweet platformer that makes use of changing gravity. It may sound neat and nice, the only problem is that if you keep lobbying and tossing ideas around, you aren’t going to go anywhere.
Your goal, out of all other things, should be to make the best execution of the idea you probably preemptively had before this post before thinking of more things or asking people. It’s way better for you to think about what makes something good and how you could probably make it better than just going right off the bat to ask what’s a “good” idea.

tl;dr: ideas are worth nothing unless you can execute them right

2 Likes