[OPEN] xM_ani - Low Poly Builder

I’ve known him for a while. So, I can surely say that he is trustworthy and a great builder, I’d highly recommend hiring him.

1 Like

I have reopened my commissions!

1 Like

Im a personal friend of mani’s and he is a great developer who puts time and effort into your builds, I would 100% recommend him to anyone looking for a good builder!

2 Likes

I am interested, I will send you my portfolio in dm, my discord is = Nicolas DEV # 4794

1 Like

Won’t let me send you the request

I just sent a friend request on discoord, my user is rosscko

It doesn’t seem like I received it.

Raised prices for my services as well as updated my showcase with my newest work!

Absolutely amazing low poly builder! I hired him for a Medium sized map & 10 Islands, the request was completed within a couple days and to amazing standards. Price is suitable & Quality is even better!

1 Like

Absolutely amazing work. Please contact me on Discord I am interested in purchasing you for my Development team. I have a budget of 200 USD for a builder and you are 100% the guy I would like to commission or recruit onto my team. DM me.

Tik#7186

1 Like

Added you back. :slight_smile:

Yeah, below half of the minimum wage. But building low poly maps in ROBLOX isn’t a real job. Real jobs require way more learning and taking courses, while building low poly maps requires a bit of dedication and investment of time. So I don’t see why people would compare this to minimum wage.

1 Like

Yes, but time is money. You can’t spend 20Hrs+ on a job thats fairly “simple” and get a low pay just because it didn’t require much experience. Also, jobs like a cashier don’t require taking courses, and are payed around the minimum wage.

2 Likes

Two things, first being a cashier requires having a real job that is very tedious and not fun and sacrifice of free time. Second, things that require more skill usually take higher pay, so if a doctor spends 4 hours on a surgery he will get more than a cashier etc.

1 Like

What’s the definition of a “real job” 3d modelling can be seen as a real job, as it used in various commercial uses and a lot of things outside of Roblox. I’m not saying that we should be charging minimum wage for our work, but if someone is charging below minimum wage for works that take a lot of time, you shouldn’t complain.

1 Like

Thats clearly not a classification of a “real job”. College isn’t a requirement for quite a lot of real life opportunities therefore your logic for

is completely flawed. For example, being a cashier (as you bring up) doesnt require a college education or specifically learning any lessons (as I have been one myself before). Your next quote:

Is simply untrue and I doubt the experience you have in building if you say so. Building (3d modeling) requires a lot of dedication and time, it’s so crucial its responsible for almost everything you see visually in video games (could even be classified as art at this point). Builders also “sacrifice” time and in return earn money. I genuinely don’t know how to respond to your other comments about “requiring more skill” and such because I can’t fathom you don’t know 3d modeling is an actual job that video game companies recruit for. I would highly suggest doing research and looking at other people’s portfolios for their amazing work in blender and external software to see real dedication and time.
Doing the research for you, the monthly salary for a 3d modeler is 5,000 USD to 15,000 USD while a cashier stands at an average of 2,000 USD per month.
I will delete this comment on request from OP if he classifies this as spam, just the comment of someone in this thread is outrageous

2 Likes

Yeah, modelling is a real job. Just not for extremely low poly things such as this.

This is gonna be my last post on this thread.

Regarding “going to college”, where else are you planning to learn and take courses? Im not sure your experience in working with poly is correct. Do you by chance use blender at all? Im looking at your models and they are very clearly made in studio. The difference between a low-poly and high-poly are very minimal in production, just the visual style is transparent. The classification on ROBLOX gets lost in translation but the time and effort stays the same, your point just doesn’t make sense if you are trying to distinguish a difference between them. Also, no. You are again changing the definition of what you classify a real job, which is now you have to physically attend a place of business to have a real job. Fine, Im about to step into my manager’s office at Ubisoft while Im making my models, do I now have a real job? There are plenty of people who work at home (for example right now because of COVID-19). Would you consider literally the whole nation not working right now? No one is ever tied to a place and if you ever held a job you would know you can petition to work at home due to many reasons. If I was to bring some examples, a lot of contractors (such as lawyers, accountants, and non-established firms) work from different places and aren’t tied to a place of business. You are also not defining physical labor correctly, physical labor is legitimately any effort you are contributing to the work force. I could be translating papers for a client for money and be contributing physical labor. Again, highly recommend you do research on what physical labor is and the extent it has to employment. Also, no a cashier won’t be able to sit down and create models (thats just being ignorant and quite disrespectful to the field of video game development). I may as well challenge you to replicate anything in my portfolio and Im pretty sure you won’t be able to (and you are not even a cashier, apparently a “modeler”). While 3d modeling doesn’t require a certain degree to fulfill, there is a certain learning process that one can’t just replicate (this is why people get paid $$$). I more than agree that doctors earn more money than 3d modeling, what does this have to do with dispelling 3d modeling is not a job? Im sorry if you believe that some jobs are more important to society than others based on a certain scale of importance (that you made up yourself), I suggest you do research on capitalism and the cycle of cashflow (from households to businesses). Your last edit literally doesn’t matter, for the sake of the argument you identify 3d modeling not a real job and therefore we argue on the complicity of that statement versus your personal opinion.

1 Like

Which models are you talking about? I make my models in Blender, and I just by reading the first few lines I can tell you misunderstood my point. That’s fine though, I don’t want any bad blood between us. :wave:
Edit: FYI I make some of my models look very low poly because it is what the client wants, yes I can make medium or high poly.

i love you, but you’re out of my budget

2 Likes