[OPEN] Materials Showcase - Share Your Custom Materials!

Here are some stylized materials I made a while ago to test out the feature.

Regular blending:

Organic blending:

(not really visible on this scale but it helps a lot to get rid of tiling on large scales, thank you for adding this to parts and not just terrain)

And here is a cool hack I found!

Combining custom materials with smooth terrain can wield great results, even for architecture!
I made a normal carpet material that replaces the brick material for smooth terrain. I also made another variation of the carpet that’s a bit worn out and water damaged.

Using the paint tool we can paint in the second material to add a little variation to the carpet to break up the monotone look of it, and add more realism.

(this picture also uses some of my other custom materials, you can probably spot some bump details on the wallpaper and ceiling from here)

33 Likes

I made swimming pool

Water, Wall, Floor and Tile Materials

5 Likes

Where did you get the material? Asking for a friend (trust me)

I haven’t exactly been making them myself, but I have been working with them quite a lot.

custom tiles(1) and stainless steel at the noodles thing that's unfinished but based off the scene from Blade Runner

custom tiles(2) that are black and shiny being used as walls in a cafe

custom tiles(3), checkerboard floor tiles, cast iron, and stainless steel (again) used in a kitchen

Shiny green bricks and a shinier metal used for the trim on the car

a less corroded metal for the frame on this sign

concrete tiles and a leather material on the chairs thats hard to see

all custom materials

5 Likes

Before:

After:

3 Likes

Where do I even begin?
First of all, thank you for this incredible update. Been waiting for ages for this feature.

Now…
After 20 reverts, many days of practice and constant research, and time spent in several apps, I have finally finished making my main project “The Voyage” compatible with this astonishing feature.

Here are some screenshots of Before/After, then I will show several screenshots of the map with new materials.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Now we move on to several random screenshots of many places on the map:

Thank you, I’m so happy with this feature, I cannot wait to create even more projects while using them!

4 Likes

I’ve only got one image so far, but our development team has been playing around with custom materials with our builds, and we think it’s turned out great! Here’s a picture of one of the ports in-game:

4 Likes

These were made by my friend @FracturedOreo

Modeled and textured by him, he’s a jack of all trades :smiley:

11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.