[CLOSED] Searching for Long-Term Clothing Designers

About Us

Hello! My name is joritochip and I am a Lead Developer at a clothing group named Gucci. We are currently looking for long-term clothing designers who would like to work with us to create quality clothing to sell in our homestore and on our group page.

You can see the group here: https://www.roblox.com/groups/3751769/Gucci

About The Job

We are currently looking for five clothing designers interested into growing our community. You will be required to upload at least 3-5 outfits weekly. We are also looking for people who can create seasonal clothing.

All designers work independently and must not copy any parts of other designs on the platform. If found copying the work of others, you will be fired immediately.

If applying, you are expected to send examples of your previous clothing. We want to see your best work, so please have this prepared before contacting us.

Payment

The payment for this position is 1,000 Robux per high-quality full outfit (top and bottom).

We will be upping the payment as our community grows and our profit increases. We are currently low on designers, which is why this position is open.

Payment may vary depending on the outfit. If you have more questions about payment, please contact me on Discord so we can answer any lingering questions.

Contact Us

If you are interested, please contact me on Discord WHAT#8106. You will be added to a chat with some of the other High Ranks so we can learn more about you.

Thanks for reading! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

1000R$ is the same as 3.5$ when devexed which Isn’t going to get you a full, high quality outfit.

I’d recommenced raising the price you’re paying.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion, but unfortunately, I don’t control the payment.

We currently do not have a lot of designers which means we don’t have a lot of designs which finally means we don’t make a lot of profit. This is why we are searching for new designers. We intend to pay more once we make a larger profit.

Not a lot of designers is willing to go for 500/piece but it’s nice to see that you’re not heavily underpaying like most people.
Cherarii and Lykrai are really good designers. To make the group not end up like Kestrel (50 different styles with different quality), I suggest you try to aim for people that can produce clothing of similar quality.

3 Likes

If you don’t control payment, why are you making the thread? It would be better to get official responses from the person in charge of running the group to understand their viewpoints on payment and attain the reasoning for their decisions. You shouldn’t post on something you can’t guarantee.

1000 Robux is quite the underpayment, as has been mentioned earlier. I understand that there may be a lack of income present that prevents a higher value being offered, but should that not push you all to find a way to maximise profit using the resources that you currently have access to?

Finally, what is it that makes this offer worth taking up, if you are able to answer that question? To me, what I can extract out of this thread is that clothing designers get paid less than 10 dollars USD to create clothes for a group, who in turn takes the profit of those clothes with no percentage return back. Why should a clothing designer take this offer over selling clothing from their profile or a self-owned group and potentially earn more than what this offer suggests?

6 Likes

Seeing as he wrote how he is the lead developer, I assume he is making this thread because he is responsible for finding the designers and he has a budget to work with

2 Likes

Ultimately though, he’s just that - the Lead Developer. We don’t know the owner’s stance on any of this, since OP did mention that they don’t control payment. There has also been no kind of comment offered by the actual owner or a reply to a few of the questions posed, by proxy or not.

Group owners still have the final say regarding the direction of funds, so it’s more appropriate if they are present to answer questions by proxy of OP or by replying themselves. What OP can offer from the group based on the owner’s requests is one thing; what can be guaranteed is another. This is one question I had which could be answerable by the owner:

(q. last paragraph, previous response)

The owner happens to be a friend of mine and I can tell you that he’s considering raising the payment. If you’re interested in talking to him directly I guess you could just DM him on Roblox.

I have been given a price that the owner has predetermined and I am also tasked with the “initial” phase of finding designers. I appreciate all of your inputs on this post.

The owner says that payment will be raised after more profit is made, which is expected to be soon after we find designers. However, the price on the thread is what we will be giving at first because I do not want to promise a particular amount and end up not meeting those expectations.

Now, @colbert2677, you asked what makes this position worth taking up. Gucci is a growing clothing group and we are on target to becoming one of the largest and most active. However, to get there, we need people that can design clothing (obviously). By taking up the offer, you will be able to interact and speak with other designers and the entire community for opinions on assets they make, and just to connect. If you were to make a group yourself or sell clothing on your profile, it is likely you would not have that tight of a bond between you and other designers or other people who are interested in clothing.

The base rate is 1000 Robux per full outfit for now, but the owner has confirmed he will pay more soon and I am going to be pushing him to start using a percentage-of-sales based model for payment to our designers.

I hope this answers your question. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@joritochip Hello, sir! I tried to friend you on Discord, but it did not work. I would like it if you sent me a invite link to the server or friended me on Discord @ Best#1340. I have some examples to show you and think you will be impressed.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.