Open source 2015 recreation

7648914c10f38502afdff0aa530bb6c2170e2abc_2_690x344

Because I think people should be able to learn how a game works, I am open-sourcing my 2015 recreation!
It features nearly 100% accurate* UI recreations
*there are a few inaccuracies but that is from the old hard coded interface and not being able to track down old lua code

There are going to be some bugs as expected, so if you find an issue report it on github

To get started, download a place files on the releases page

Links:

23 Likes

Is there just a simple RBXL file you’re willing to provide? The github page is sorted in a way that’s sort of obnoxious to setup, and the game page itself is privated and copylocked.

2 Likes

You are meant to use it in Rojo

I guess i forgot to uncopylock it, fixing that now

1 Like

Update:

Update v1.0.3:

• Place files now default to R6
  • Ambient is now set to 0,0,0
  • There are now 2 separate built place files, blank and baseplate
  • TextChatService is now set correctly
  • CharacterAutoLoads is now set to false by default
  • Respawn time respects the RespawnTime property
  • Nametags now always display health instead of only when damaged

Why didn’t someone notice this?
It’s so different to the UI we are used to since 2016 :exploding_head:

This is, Amazing.
Sad you can’t remove default CoreGUIS, since nowadays, it looks (very) different to that.

Please tell me you used classic baseplate for this :pray:

I found one way that crashes the loading screen with the current topbar but works with the new

combining it with a custom loading screen through teleport service fixes that issue (uncopylocked place)
starting place: A Vision of Shadows - Roblox
main game: A Vision of Shadows - Roblox

if you want i can upload the modified version this uses to the github if you wanna play around with this (places are uncopylocked)

2 Likes

Wait, but does leave button work?

i mean the in game menu works and it binds to escape so yeah

what did you do to bind it?
did you use contextactionservice?

i just used InputBegan and didnt listen to GameProcessedEvent
works well enough

oh, I mean’t how did you do it so you can leave the game? not to open the menu, but ye UserInputService works there

The kick dialog still appears and it has a leave button

:neutral_face:
ok, because I thought if you tried kicking someone it’d just disconnect the client from the server, I remember a bug where that would happen when CoreGUIs didn’t load :person_shrugging:

ah, i think that only happens when all of the coregui doesnt load and im just preventing the topbar from loading

1 Like

This ressource brings back some old memories, god the era of tycoons, build fight and roleplay and obbies…

1 Like

Interesting recreation… Feels exactly like your playing from Early 2015!

I’m impressed, Good work!