[Open Source] FirebaseService

Obsfuscation should work right also

Not really. Obfuscated scripts can be constant dumped (assuming it’s vm obfuscation). No point doing that, just store the keys in a datastore.

1 Like

great thanks for the information

1 Like

Hey, this is cool and all. Although, is there any way to use Cloud Firestore? I saw somebody do it, but I have no idea how? Any help?

Like is there any tutorial on it? It would be extremely useful.

A tutorial on how to use this would be great!

A bit of a complex way of doing this is by making an express app and handling requests to your cloud firestore database from there and then making HTTP requests to that app from in-game. You can install the firebase NPM package and just do that.

With this however, you will need to pay for a VPS to host that express app on.

Would there be a way to sort data? Like datastore service has Ordered data does firebase have a feature like it?

1 Like

I notice Firebase lets you send a whole json table to update multiple array of user data.

Does this module cache set requests for a few seconds to prevent getting throttled by HttpService?

Ive noticed ive gotten some HTTP 400 Bad Request’s from my game in the console. This happens rarely, but is still strange. Any clue why?

1 Like

No one will probably respond, but I’ve got no clue why it’s erroring.

1 Like

thank you for creating this bro this has helped me so much setting up an external datastore :grin:

Very easy to use and well built :muscle:

I have picked up this project and it can be found here it is now up-to-date with current standards and is being maintained by myself.

1 Like

Can I no longer use this one? Because my game is set up to this one and IM getting the error FireBaseService>> [ERROR] HTTP 401 (Unauthorized) and I don’t know how to fix it

1 Like

This module is likely to function, however it doesn’t take advantage of HttpService:RequestAsync() and the ability to override HTTP Headers which allows the use of the PATCH request method for Firebase’s BatchUpdate endpoint. It’s a good baseline module but it is by no means modern-day code.

Amazing and very simple, thank you!

What is the directory ???

Hey, how i can get all the childrens of one database…?

Is Realtime Database a good option for error logging?

Is there a API documentation regarding this module?