[OPEN SOURCE] Redefine:A | An NxEngine-based Admin System

no it is pro pc which is very epic with le epic background

Hello! Your admin is quite clean and is pretty funny when you mess with things like running superadmin on a root admin. It has the right balance of fun but not terribly abusable commands. Is it possible to set up a trello or discord ban list though? The current ban system is a little hard to manage timebans with, unless you want to straight-up permanently ban everyone that breaks a rule, or only issue server bans, you would have to set up another admin system along with it. Other then that I think it would work for a group game like I want and I appreciate someone setting something cool like this up for free, this deserves more attention and use.

Hey there. Yes, the admin is very much able to operate on Trello, Discord and any other services you might be able to use as long as you can run them on Roblox. (Again, it’s very modular and open source on top of that, meaning you can literally rewrite the whole admin to be something entirely else without even forking the module.)

As for the trello/discord direct integration, I can help you make one for your group while making it an available resource for everyone else at the same time. Feel free to join the R:A Discord so we can further discuss it from there.

Thanks for the quick response, I don’t have a verified phone number on the account currently and I am not sure I want to put it out there on many sites, this might seem like over thinking it but I just don’t want to get spam calls in case Discord’s info ever leaks which I realize probably won’t happen.

That’s perfectly fine. If there’s a method of communicating privately you’d rather use, DM me it.

2 Likes

Alright, I will send you private messages.

1 Like

Refer to the previous post regarding the late bump.

I have just released a huge update in the engine, adding a lot of new developer tools for commands, custom functions, and even custom UI.

Here’s a recap of all the major builds since the last recap;

Build 22 (2FA & a few tweaks)
+ Released Discord-Roblox 2FA for all games where the admin is level 4 or higher.
+ Added more API stuff client-side.
+ Enabled RichText on notifications.
+ Added more !debuglogs stuff.
! !tick now shows the ping between the server and the API.
Build 23 (Version Control but more SyncAdmin Emulation Improvements)
+ New Version Control; Allows you to choose Major builds, Beta builds and Dev builds.
+ Added a lot of the SyncAdmin functions into the emulation, as well as a few new ones. (Including a new function 'setstrict()')
+ Added the question-type notifications.

Now, a lot of people ignore the version controller screaming at them to finally update their loader to the new version, so I’ll just post the newest update here to hopefully change their minds.

Build 24 (UI Theming, Command Tester, generally new stuff, etc...)

Hint; UI Themes can change almost everything in the client-side

+ Added UI Themes, of which include the Default ones and the newer Glass ones.
+ Added a *broken (plz fix roblox)* Refresh button to ListUI.
+ Added a !panel command which somewhat uses a custom EnvInjector module I'm working on.
+ Added Tempbans.
+ Added a command tester to help you test whether or not the commands would work before even running them. (Warning: Unstable, make sure to disable the Shutdown command if you're running it.)

As always, the full changelog can be found in the official discord which im pretty much starting to beg so you’d join it.

Edit after ~3 hours; I realised there was a critical mistake in the JoinHandler. It has been fixed. Sorry for any issues that might have arisen. I hope it didn’t affect anyone, considering that the admin is barely used anyways as of now. :eyes:

3 Likes

Does !calladmin call a admin that is a admin on the list?

CallAdmin is a command made to call Sezei.me admins to investigate game abuse, exploiters, or any bug found within Redefine:A. It can be disabled by adding it to the disabled commands list in the loader.

Ok, is there a command to call a admin on the list?

It really depends on how you want it done; If you mean call them if they are in-game (so they can teleport to you), you can get the game owner to implement a !notifyadmins command, or if you’re an admin yourself, you can use !notify @.admins [message] (without the dot between the @ and admins). If you want to use webhooks, that is something you’ll need to do yourself, since I do not know how your server structure works and/or where to redirect the calls.

1 Like

Ok. A idea is to add a command like that as the !calladmin UI is really cool and would be useful if it called admins onthe list.

Is this still usable with audio update, there are a ton of errors due to missing audio, is there a place to find all of the IDs to swap them, or can you provide the sounds to reupload?
Also, is there a way to pull the lists from an external module script, say i already have an existing table full of mods

Hey there. Yes, most audios are still working with the audio update. The only ones that currently are not are associated with a deprecated command “desktop”, which is disabled by default.

As for external modules, you can create a function module within the loader to get / set data within the shared environment using env.YourDataKey.

Also, the client sounds, ingame, how do i save it, i changed it ingame, yet it doesn’t change anything.

You need to press ‘Save Settings’ once you have clicked on the sound name.

And please, for future reference, if you need support, please join the SME discord server since it unnecessarily bumps the thread.

Hi,
I really like the UI, but I’ve noticed a few things while testing out the admin.

1. There are missing commands, for example if you were to click play, let it load in, and open replicated storage and open the folder named “RA5_Commands” you can see a bunch more commands that are not listed on the list that appears when you run [PREFIX]cmds'. For example, you can see a warn command and, in the script, it says Disabled = false; but appears nowhere within the admin.

2nd. When I typed in warn into the commands search bar it gave me the error, 23:12:22 -- Label is not a valid member of TextButton "Players.Jerold09362.PlayerGui.RedefineAUI.SSBQFYKHRGLYILQESAOBYHXC.Content.TemplateRealButton".

Currently, as of 12/30/23, this is all I know about any errors.

Hi there; thanks for reporting this.

I’ll check this out real quick and update the system once I find out what’s going on with this.

As for commands that might not appear, you can do cmds --all to see commands you might not have permission to run.

EDIT: Fixed the 2nd problem as of Build 105, still looking into the 1st one since it doesn’t occur in my empty baseplate.

1 Like

Technically you aren’t obfuscating anything or attempting to hide something fishy so i don’t mind internal stuff that may not even work and possible is deprecated as long it’s documented/explained what this part of the code does/did.

I have never before nor will in the future obfuscate anything that I will release as an open source project.

That said, this thread is deprecated by itself so I’d understand where it comes from.

1 Like