[Outdated] BTrees Visual Editor v2.0

Whoah. That is a beautiful plugin.

I love making AI. This is going to a lot of fun to play with. Thanks for taking the time to do this, and then make it free!

1 Like

It’s nice seeing an increase in visual scripting plugins, and this one looks really nice!

1 Like

I love this plugin a lot and should help in the future - but I’m unsure if I could be handling the module wrong as calling tree creation after a wait(x) is not creating the trees and in TreeProto:run nodes is printing 0 whenever this happens - sometimes it’ll happen to me even if I don’t add the wait. Example:

Capture

1 Like

It’s note creating the tree or it’s not running properly?
Is there anything in the output?

1 Like

There is nothing in the output other than the nodes number i printed which prints (0) when this happens. I believe it’s not creating the tree in that case. In the loop - nothing is running at all. this one:

2 Likes

Can confirm, there are no nodes in the tree.

@Rhyrne

Should be fixed. Make sure to update. There was a bug where the plugin would get rid of your outputs when loading into a place.

Unfortunately this means you may have to just go into the editor and re-draw output connections

2 Likes

So this is Artificial Intelligence? If it is, that’s pretty cool!

2 Likes

Could an example simple AI be made (idle, follow, attack)? I understand FSMs but I am having a hard time with behavior trees.

3 Likes

Does this plugin support registering nodes like the actual module does? I’d love to use this as I have some fairly complicated behavior trees, but the bulk of the nodes are registered and re-usable. Not having the option is a deal breaker for this plugin unfortunately

By registering if you mean being able to re-use the same task, I’m planning an update where you can duplicate a task with a new “linked duplicate” button which makes it just reference the original task’s code. I just haven’t been able to get around to it quite yet

1 Like

Had a bit of time today to make an update to BTrees :slight_smile:

• Added more information into task templates

• Added a weight attribute to any node connected to a Random node. This defaults to 1

In this example Choice2 will be called much more frequently

• Added a Linked Duplicate option for task nodes.

• This lets you create multiple references to the same task node, so you can re-use its code.
      Editing a Linked Duplicate node will edit the original module. (Perhaps not the most intuitive way for me to get this in but it should work)

• Added Keybinds for Linked Duplicate and Edit in help

• “H” now opens/toggles the help menu

4 Likes

very useful, and hot ngl gonna try this B)

1 Like

This is amazing. I wanted to test this out before you published it but could not find the time. Now I’m using it for RPG Legends.

1 Like

Does anyone have an example, or project they made happen with this, for spectating?

I need help, please!

So I have two sequences I want to link, and they are each beneath separate “master” sequences. One is for how my AI acts in the lobby and one is for how it acts in-game:
IMG_4878

I’d like to go to the in-game “AreEnemiesNearby” sequence from my in-lobby “Train” sequence. Unfortunately, the plugin won’t let me link them, so I assume I’m doing something wrong here.

How could I accomplish this?

While you can re-use tasks, you can’t really re-use branches of objects like this because things can only take one input. Unfortunately this is a bit of a design flaw and if you want this behavior in the plugin you’ll have to copy the structure over. There are things I want to do in the future and this is on the list

3 Likes

Drats! Luckily, I managed to hack something together to get my code to just think the AI was in game and go to that branch manually. Thanks for letting me know

1 Like

Tools like these are so brilliant, I’m incredibly grateful for people like you who put tremendous effort in designing quality things to help us all out. AI behavior on Roblox is unconvincing to say the least, and I can see this being hugely helpful to making things more believable. Thank you, please have a big chunk of appreciation :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a perfect example of what I would expect a Visual Blueprint Like Code Editor looking like.