Outline an Object

How to replicate this sort of outline of an object?

1 Like

Use SelectionBox + a bunch of parts, or use the “Forcefield” material type on a mesh bc you can fine tune the mesh and it will animate itself in a rlly cool way

Isn’t there a more efficient way of doing this? because you’re making multiple parts, and say if you were to be doing this effect fior 10 things in your game, it would create a lot of unnecessary parts to render.

This is in the wrong section of the forum, but I’ll answer it anyways!

The image you gave appears to contain a table made out of forcefield material.

LEGO millennium falcon using only forcefield material.

Adding a mesh with a texture to the forcefield part will animate it. Normal maps can be used to make cool effects such flashes of light or cubes.

well, it works best on mesh or models/unions with tons of parts, All you have to do is set the material to Forcefield and give it a texture for it to move. For more info on this i suggest reading this article: Materials | Roblox Creator Documentation

Although I’m unfamiliar with the current methods that could be used to achieve this already, this is something that could become much easier to create once the “Highlight” Instance is released (which was added to the API when Release Notes for 499 was published).

Here’s a video from MaximumADHD (CloneTrooper1019) that demonstrates some examples of its functionality:

1 Like