Outlining VeiwportFrames

So, I’m trying to code my own inventory system. Currently, there’s little to no indication as to what is equipped. What I thought of is pretty standard, just outlining the object rendered in the Viewport Frame. But upon realizing that Highlights don’t work, and then trying to code a custom system that also didn’t work, I have been left stumped. I could create another effect, but I was wondering if there’s any way to do something like this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

Add a UIStroke to all of them and make all the Strokes invisible and then when a player equips the tool from the viewportFrame, have its UIStroke be visible (make sure when you make a Stroke visible you make all others invisible at the same time so only one is visible at a time)

Well, that just outlines the Viewport Frame itself, I want to outline the object inside of the Viewport Frame.

Well there’s no feature that allows that in roblox studio, although you can try some Plugins which can give that effect but can also sometimes be faulty.

The most straightforward way to do this is by making the content of the viewportframe an image and go to a paint software and add a stroke to it, either automatically or manually. This, as well as the plugin I linked, will work only if the content of the viewportframe isnt moving.