Overhead Gamepass not working

I purchased it but the tag doesn’t show in the players head

Is this after a reset, or did you add the code to add the tag in right when they purchase it?

after reset

(ignor this chaeirs)

Send a screenshot of the output of this. Added some prints to see where it gets

local bought = {} --Empty table

local tag = game:GetService("ServerStorage"):WaitForChild("VipTag") -- vip tag
local memtag = game:GetService("ServerStorage"):WaitForChild("AgorpMember") -- group member tag

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(plr)
	plr.CharacterAdded:Connect(function(char)
print('character added', game:GetService("MarketplaceService"):UserOwnsGamePassAsync(plr.UserId, 21671832), bought[player.UserId])
		if game:GetService("MarketplaceService"):UserOwnsGamePassAsync(plr.UserId, 21671832) or bought[player.UserId] then --Check if they own the gamepass, or if they bought it in this server.
print('give the tag')
			local clone = tag:Clone()
			clone.Parent = char.Head
		elseif plr:IsInGroup(9989970) then
			local clone1 = memtag:Clone()
			clone1.Parent = char.Head
		end
	end)
end)

game:GetService("MarketplaceService").PromptGamePassPurchaseFinished:Connect(function(player, gamepassId, purchased)
print(player, gamepassId == 21671832, purchased)
  if gamepassId == 21671832 then --Check that it's the vip gamepass
    bought[player.UserId] = purchased --Add into the table to show whether it was purchased or not (a boolean value) so we can check when the character is added.
    --Add your code from above down here to add the tag if you want it to give it to them right away vs waiting for them to respawn.
  end
end)

sorry too lazy to crop
also i’ll be taking so long to repond cuz it’s lunch now

Do you have the tag? Because it printed “playername true true” which it should print right before it gives you the tag.
The next print after that should be “give the tag”

player true true did come out
i reseted after the give tag print didn’t print

Was that after you purchased it in game?

in-studio after yes (dddddddddd)

What does it print before you purchase it?

nothing (jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjdddddd)

It should still print the playername, then false, nil because the CharacterAdded event still fires…

I would love to keep helping, but I need to go to sleep. I have to be up in 4.5 hours. If you don’t have a solution in the morning I’ll come back and try to help debug more.

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

1 Like

Thanks for helping me for today i’ll check the devforums :slight_smile:

Have you found a solution yet?