Overwhelmed on where to start on expanding or improving this city

This is a futuristic city from my game. The problem is, I would like it to be larger, more realistic, and have more variety, but I keep feeling overwhelmed when thinking about expanding it in a way so that it looks unique without looking like a copy pasted maze of buildings. How would you go about doing this?

Honestly i would just think for a few hours and come up with something.

1 Like

There are many factors and ways to expand a city. I would try to look at real life city’s and see how there layouts are planned out. Take futuristic city’s for example you’ll see they future a road layout so when done you’ll see how many intersections are placed around.

Definitely look at existing builds or images and see how there city structure works, you should start with a road layout that way you’ll know how many intersections you have and how players will move around your city.

Placing your buildings first won’t really work if you don’t have a general layout or sketch on how your wanting your city to look like, because you need a road layout to put buildings in their proper areas if you look at “New York” and other different areas you’ll see they have different intersections so cars can move around the city. Here is a thread about city planning if your wanting a different approach:

2 Likes