Part count lag is driving me insane

Part count lag has been bothering me for months and I NEED HELP :frowning: !!!

The game has about 15k parts in total and 25k instances.

The most lag happens in the main playground area. 40fps on max graphics. (I have a good computer and it doesn’t do this on my other games)

I’ve made some rooms “teleportable” trying to defeat the lag, It partially worked because if you’re in those rooms your fps is 60 but if you look in the same direction where the main playground area is, your fps drops to 50-40fps.

I can’t remove any parts or “spread” the map out. I have streaming on.

Any help is appreciated because the game means A LOT to me !!!

Game link: JOVIAL Playground - Roblox

2 Likes

Maybe take a look at this post it has some pretty useful stuff about optimizing builds.

It doesn’t help that much :frowning:
I’ve tried many of those before

Start replacing your spheres and cylinders with low poly ones. I assume you’re using Roblox spheres, and each sphere has like 400+ triangles, which is absurd.

Right here is over 1,000 triangles just for balloons. I really suggest switching.

I also created a topic on MeshPart opimization, which I think would benefit your game a lot.

In short; just turn all your MeshPart renderfidelities to Automatic and disable their collisions (disable CanTouch AND CanCollide) whenever possible.

1 Like

Damnit. The whole playground thing is made out of cylinders. agony

Could try using deloaders? That way players are only loading the area their in and not the whole place, It wont really help in studio but its better to deal with studio lag then have an entirely laggy game

The problem here isn’t the parts, as you can see from the image only 693,492 tris are being drawn in the scene. The problem here is the shadows, 16,475,616 tris is a lot of shadows drawn, you can try to lessen lights around the map where it isn’t necessary or just turn the “Shadows” property on the light you’re using to false.

2 Likes

I imagine it’s not the part count, and another underlying issue. Like @Rald_s suggested, it’s very possible to be the shadows. 15k parts is not nearly enough to lag high end pcs. On top of what he suggested with the lights shadows, in the memory, the shadow map is also taking up a large amount of space, I’d recommend trying out Voxel, since the build is indoors regardless.

IT’S THE LIGHTS??? damn i really want to turn the shadows off but the shadows make it look cool and if i remove any lights it’ll get too dark :disappointed_relieved:

Go to Lighting > Clock Time and set it to 6.75 or something. It sets the time of day to around just after sunrise, so it won’t be too dark and (hopefully) will not turn off shadows.

Try unions, then you told have a million of those instead of two million parts

1 Like

Turn shadows off on parts. There would be some meshes/parts that don’t need shadows turned on. It helps a lot. Shadows are one of the major lag sources.