Part Surface Weld Changes [Activated!]

I see that you have renamed the topic to “Part Surface Weld Changes [Activated!]”. Even though this has to affect only welds, it changed hinges (creating them takes 2 years). Also, they create their joint only if “join surfaces” is on, which makes the door from video below completely unusable. Rip.

(Hinges are black because ambient is set to black to simulate real night)
If constraints are the way, why surface joints exist in the first place? With this change, I see these old joints completely useless, as they’re out of control and join to everything, even if you don’t want it. If they can be somewhat used, please provide me an example.
And I still don’t get a thing: why? Just, why? What is the reason for these changes? Surfaces existed and nobody ever had a complaint about them.

4 Likes

I see that this topic is completely dead and nobody’s going to do anything. Well, looks like I need to make a plugin to emulate the old behaviour.
@kleptonaut, right now I’m not asking for much, just please, explain me one simple thing: why?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.