Particle Effects Lagging Behind / Frozen

Reproduction Steps
Very recently, I’ve noticed that in my game, Redshift Arena, particle effects and trails (used as Tracers) are severely delayed or don’t appear at all when looking in a certain direction. I originally thought I was hitting the particle limit, but I realized that this only occurs when looking in a particular direction. I haven’t tested to see if this bug occurs in any other games. This bug acts as if the particles are not within the camera’s viewport.

Game: Redshift Arena - Roblox

System Info:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: ASUS TUF 5600 XT
RAM: G.Skill Rip Jaws, 16GB @3600MHz

Known Trigger(s):

Look to the left of Blue Base on Opposing Worlds (as shown in the video linked below) and fire into the distance, then look slightly to the left. The muzzle flash particles should appear out of nowhere when not firing.

On any map, simply fire into a wall constantly with the Minigun. Impact sparks will be very delayed, and will only appear 5 seconds after letting off the trigger. This might be caused by the particle limit being reached, but this has never happened until a recent update.

Expected Behavior
I expect the Particles / Trails to always appear in all directions, unless the Particle Limit has been reached.

Actual Behavior
Particles are seemingly held in limbo in the rendering until the player looks in a certain direction.

Demonstration Video: Redshift Arena | Particle Bug - YouTube

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Display
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-12-04 00:12:00 (-05:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-12-19 00:12:00 (-05:00)

2 Likes

this is also related to this

and can you send a repro place in a DM so that i can check

My guess for this is that once there are many particles in a point all of them will hide until the trigger stops, this might be a prevention to stop lag, creating this issue, this is also made in Malicious code is able to show UI over the purchase prompt, and trick users into purchasing items

Sometimes this particle lagging will increase if there is a lot of shading(a lot of colours within the particle)
so try to reduce graphics settings and try doing it again or change the particle to make it easier for the engine to handle (which should not be an option.)

1 Like

Actually its a Roblox software bug that they are fixing

This has been happening to alot of roblox players and the particles are bugged out by Robloxs software, I think they will be working on it though i’m not sure.

This should be fixed with the latest 508 release. My apologies!

4 Likes