Particle VelocityPerpendicular Rotation Visual Glitch when welded to Humanoid

So I’ve been tasked with applying particles to characters using scripts to create auras, but during studio testing, I’ve noticed that there’s a little problem with how VelocityPerpendicular particles rotate when they are welded to a humanoid.
I’ve tested this with an isolated part that moves at random intervals at quick bursts, and that same behavior couldn’t be replicated outside of humanoids. Other Particle Orientations do not have this same problem with humanoids.
There was nothing I could find about this that could help with this. Chances are it’s a bug but because of how these forums work I’m posting it here.

Video:

When the humanoid is changing velocity suddenly either by starting or stopping movement, or jumping or landing, the rotation of the particles glitch, and sometimes, just by maintaining the same motion the particle rotations will also glitch.

Place of Replication:
ParticlesWhyAreYouBad.rbxl (164.6 KB)

If there’s any alternatives or if this could be fixed, that would be great.

4 Likes

Just to make sure any of you aren’t mistaken, the particles are welded to the HumanoidRootPart.

1 Like

only alternative i could think of is using surfaceguis, while this is really hacky you probably should submit a bug report

i suppose the particles are “glitching” because it has to recalculate everything at every move

1 Like

I just posted a bug report for this because I encountered the same problem. Hopefully it gets fixed

2 Likes