Path to the script, which is located in StarterCharacterScripts

Hi, anyway, I don’t know how stupid this question is, I can’t understand the path of the script that is in StarterCharacterScripts, here is an example I wrote

local scriptToDisable = game.StarterPlayer.StarterCharacterScripts.Script

and I think this is the wrong path because if you move it to workspace and make the path like this local script = worckspace.script then everything will work, but in StarterCharacterScripts it won’t.

help pls

1 Like

Scripts in startercharacterscripts are found in the players character

1 Like

The StarterCharacterScripts class stores scripts to be parented in a player’s Player.Character, when they spawn. Unlike scripts stored in the PlayerScripts folder, these scripts will not persist when the player respawns

StarterPlayer just holds the scripts, that are then copied to where they are used …
coolyoshi told you where they are for that … gl

Sorry guys, I understand that you know how to write this path and you don’t want me to just copy it and paste it into my code, but I’m not an experienced scriptwriter and I have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about, I’ve been thinking for an hour and nothing has worked, sorry. So please just write me the path like that

local script = ...myScript

and I will understand and remember how to do it, thanks

You should learn the basics of how to get the character via the player (or a bit differently). And I am not sure on how you get the character but this would be just an example for your username. This method is completely unreliable.

Also if you want to find the script its under workspace > CHARACTER NAME > script

workspace:WaitForChild("HapHoOne").InsertScriptName

But like I said, just get the basics of how to get the character, since like i said, this is completely unreliable. You might aswell just get the .LocalPlayer in another Local Script or just use a PlayerAdded Event or really another way to get the player/character.

get the character and find the script in there, its really easy, if its a local script try:

local char =  game.Players.LocalPlayer.Character
local script = char:FindFirstChild("Script")

StarterPlayer is just a folder for you to hold the scripts on the studio.
The scripts that are in StarterPlayer.StarterCharacterScripts goes to inside the player’s character when the game starts.

so basically get the character and then the script, in a localscript

local player = game.Players.LocalPlayer
local char = player.Character or player.CharacterAdded:Wait()
local scriptToDisable = char:WaitForChild("Script")

To know more about StarterCharacterScripts, I recommend you to read What is the point of StarterCharacterScripts? You might easily understand what StarterCharacterScripts is by reading the Topic and the solution.

As for the code, It would be something like if it's a script
local scriptToDisable = game.Players.Player123.Character.scriptToDisable

player123 is the player that the scriptToDisable is in, so change it to the player name that the script is located in their character model (Everyone has that script so you might want to disable it for everyone when you want to disable the script for everyone)

else get the one from the people above, This code :

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who is trying to help me, I checked all your codes and tips, but as usual it happens with losers I did not get anything, or rather I got, but badly, I inserted these variables into my code like that:

local scriptToDisable = char:WaitForChild("Script")

I got an error: attempt to index nil with ‘Character’
I realized the reason and changed the usual script to LocalScript, this error disappeared, but nothing changed, my script did not work and does not work, I do not know why, if scriptToDisable moved to Workspace, everything will work.
Let me describe everything in more detail.
Here is the LocalScript that needs to be disabled and is located in StarterPlayer.StarterCharacterScripts:

local humanoid = player.Character.Humanoid

task.spawn(function()
	while true do
		humanoid.Jump = true
		wait(1)
	end
end)

local function onKeyPress(actionName, inputState, input)
	if inputState == Enum.UserInputState.Begin and (input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.Space or input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.ButtonA) then
		return Enum.ContextActionResult.Sink
	end
end

game:GetService("ContextActionService"):BindAction("DisableJump", onKeyPress, false, Enum.KeyCode.Space, Enum.KeyCode.ButtonA)

*(player constantly jumps every second and can’t do anything about it)
And here’s the LocalScript for the part where the previous script is disabled and the player can jump freely:

local zone = workspace.SpawnZone.noJumpZone
local scriptToDisable = char:WaitForChild("Jump")
local active = true

local function disable() -- Power-off function 
	print("hi")
	scriptToDisable.Disabled = true
	active = false
end

local function enable() -- Power-on function 
	print("bye")
	scriptToDisable.Enabled = true
	active = true
end

local function  Touch(otherpart) -- Player touch the zone
	local character = otherpart.Parent
	local humanoid = character:FindFirstChildWhichIsA("Humanoid")
	if humanoid and active == true then
		disable()

end

end

local function  Touchoff(otherpart) -- Player leave the zone
	local character = otherpart.Parent
	local humanoid = character:FindFirstChildWhichIsA("Humanoid")
	if humanoid  and active == false then
		enable()
	end

end

zone.Touched:Connect(Touch)
zone.TouchEnded:Connect(Touchoff)

Dude, are you trying to disable the script in the char with server or local script?

I am trying to disable the script in the char with local script

idk if it matter but maybe it cant work with a local script so consider using a remote event to try and unable it from the server

try doing game.players.localplayer , it worked for me when i had this issue.