Pathfinding AI bug? humanoid seems to walk to individual waypoints and stop for a split second then move on to the next?

Pathfinding bug? For some reason the humanoid seems to walk to each individual waypoint until at the end goal? Occurs randomly. Anyone else know why this is the case? I did some testing and it only happens when actual players are playing the game, but in run mode normal dummy humanoids work fine.

1 Like

This actually happens because the character is trying to path-find to the point it should walk, arrives there, and then calculates the point it should walk again. It’s just a little minor inconvenience.

I actually saw it explained somewhere on the Roblox API, but I forgot where it was.

Yea I know, and it makes it look terrible and ruins immersion. Any idea what the fix is and where you saw that on the api?

Well, I read that API a long time ago, and I remember they said there was no fix. Even if there was, a-lot games that use pathfinding don’t use it, because I seem them doing the same “choppy” movement you’re talking about.

maybe try this:

Have you tried setting the network owner to nil in the AI script? It might be lagging as players computers sometimes simulate the physics for parts close to them, and the transition from server to client can be very noticeable.

HumanoidRootPart:SetNetworkOwner(nil)

ya I have already seen that before but thx

Have you tried it before???

Fixed. We set the network owner ship to the server only.

Network Ownership (roblox.com)

1 Like

Yea man that was it. Except we set it to server