Pathfinding Frustration

Doesn’t work. The reason being the pathfinding service just doesn’t consider most parts as valid obstacles for some reason.

It’s because your walls are too thin. Try increasing the thickness so they show up on the NavigationMesh.

Unfortunately, that’s not an option. They need to be thin visually. Also the pathfinding service is even ignoring walls as thick as 1 stud as well. So I think my best option is to make additional obstacle detection to circumvent walls blocking the path.

:ok_hand:. If you want to try something before changing the models though why not try using ComputeSmoothPathAsync instead of ComputeAsync? Not 100% sure if it will work but might save you the hassle of changing the map around.

I looked at the Wiki rn and it says it’s deprecated, and has been superseded by another function that has subsequently been deprecated and leads back to the same starting point you had :joy:. No idea what they’ve done.

I thought SmoothPath was deprecated. Ok I’ll try that.

1 Like

Yeah ComputeSmoothPath is deprecated, I’ll give it a go, but I don’t think it will work.

Ok computesmoothpath works flawlessly. I’m just not confident it’ll work for very long because it’s such an old method.

1 Like