Pathfinding service ignoring terrain?

for some reason pathfinding service in my game ignores terrain. it only works when there is a large part underneath the terrain, but even then its very glitchy. is there something i am doing wrong or is there maybe a different custom pathfinding module that i could use? heres the script just in case

1 Like

This is more of a Roblox issue, your code is fine as it is. I suggest making a bug report about this.

2 Likes

yeah. ive already seen someone posting about this like 2 days ago so it could be something recent. for some reason i cant post bug reports though because the button is grayed out. do you know why?

1 Like

In this case, you have to use some custom module script that replicates what you want.

1 Like

okay, ill try searching around

the problem is, most pathfinding modules seem to be using pathfindingservice so they most likely wont fix the bug

You’re stuck then, you have to create your own pathfinding NPC using your own module.

1 Like

My post about the subject, there’s a fix to it that’ll probably work for you. (it has worked for everyone so far).

1 Like

looks like someones posted it on engine bugs already so all i can do is wait i guess

yeah your post is the post i mentioned earlier. ive tried your fix that involved removing the lava layer and now i have the nav mesh but the npc behavior is still the same ;/ (the npc always goes to the same location and just stays there)

1 Like

nevermind, i just tried your script to remove the lava layer instead of replacing it and im getting some progress.

1 Like

well, good luck on solving it, engine bugs are a pain to deal with.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.